Hi everyone

Rebecca Anderson

Rebecca Anderson

I'm 23 years old right now and have been on this site for a bit. I consider myself new because I haven't talked to anyone at all until now. I'm trying to make friends who are Ace as I am, but it's difficult because I'm also socially awkward. I also really love nerdy stuff like anime, video games, books, etc. I hope I get a chance to meet some people on here (and possibly be super nerdy and talk about anime). 

Welcome!  What animes do you watch?

Rebecca Anderson

@Claire1983 I watch a few different kinds. The biggest one is magical girl. Sailor Moon is my favorite. I also like black Butler, madoka magika, Ouran highschool host club, and anohana to name a few.

2 minutes ago, Rebecca Anderson said:

@Claire1983 I watch a few different kinds. The biggest one is magical girl. Sailor Moon is my favorite. I also like black Butler, madoka magika, Ouran highschool host club, and anohana to name a few.

Ouran is the best and I loved Black Butler.  Currently obsessed with My Hero Academia

Rebecca Anderson
1 minute ago, Claire1983 said:

Ouran is the best and I loved Black Butler.  Currently obsessed with My Hero Academia

I watched the first season of my hero academia. I love it. I want to rewatch it though because I don't remember everything from it

Just now, Rebecca Anderson said:

I watched the first season of my hero academia. I love it. I want to rewatch it though because I don't remember everything from it

They just started the 3rd season so it's a good time to catch up!

Rebecca Anderson
Just now, Claire1983 said:

They just started the 3rd season so it's a good time to catch up!

Definitely going to need to do that. Currently watching this Netflix one called Children of the Whales. Also watching Rosen maiden

Duke Memphis

You like Minecraft?

Rebecca Anderson
4 minutes ago, Duke Memphis said:

You like Minecraft?

:0 I am heavily addicted to Minecraft. (Or at least I was when I was introduced in 2013). I don't play it constantly anymore, but I really do love playing it. 

Welcome! Whose you’re favourite My Hero academia character then? :) 

csc_8469.jpg

SparkyCat13

Welcome! I'm a big anime and video game fan too (and also suuuuper socially awkward), so hit me up if you wanna chat about them!

Image result for anime cake

Welcome aboard ! I'm not used to the word nerd (frenchie here) but all the activities you're talking about pretty much summ up my hobbies ;)

Which anime are you fond of ? Same question for Videogame and book. I'm a pretty huge fan of D Gray Man (even if the author is sick so the story goes on slowly), several new mangas not yet well-known but good, Hunter x Hunter and others. Videogame wise, I'm a Nintendo player and Fire Emblem is life. And finally I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I hope we have at least some in common, I'm always more than ready to prattle on my favorite films, manga, shows and game.

Have some cake !  (It doesn't look that delicious but it has good taste in anime at least :lol: )a5b5c3f18b49d0e3071abd5f4325012c.jpg

Rebecca Anderson
44 minutes ago, Linz13 said:

Welcome! I'm a big anime and video game fan too (and also suuuuper socially awkward), so hit me up if you wanna chat about them!

Image result for anime cake

I love that cake. What video games do you play?

SparkyCat13
27 minutes ago, Rebecca Anderson said:

I love that cake. What video games do you play?

Right now I'm playing through the Mass Effect trilogy for the second time. I like the Dragon Age games as well. Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, The Sims, Pokémon, Portal, a couple of the Harvest Moon games...gosh, I'd have to go look at my stash to remember all the ones I've played, haha. Those are the big ones, though.

Rebecca Anderson
17 minutes ago, Leilamy said:

Welcome aboard ! I'm not used to the word nerd (frenchie here) but all the activities you're talking about pretty much summ up my hobbies ;)

Which anime are you fond of ? Same question for Videogame and book. I'm a pretty huge fan of D Gray Man (even if the author is sick so the story goes on slowly), several new mangas not yet well-known but good, Hunter x Hunter and others. Videogame wise, I'm a Nintendo player and Fire Emblem is life. And finally I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I hope we have at least some in common, I'm always more than ready to prattle on my favorite films, manga, shows and game.

Have some cake !  (It doesn't look that delicious but it has good taste in anime at least :lol: )a5b5c3f18b49d0e3071abd5f4325012c.jpg

Harry Potter is great. I'm a Hufflepuff. I love Minecraft, borderlands, Terraria, Diablo, and other games like that. I also like D&D. For books, I read a lot of teen fiction. I like John green books, hunger games series, Amanda Hocking books, and Lord of the rings, and a lot of others. Currently for anime, I'm watching Rosen maiden and Children of the Whales. I also love black Butler, full metal alchemist, and sailor Moon. There are a lot of others that I like too. Also, that cake is beautiful

Rebecca Anderson
1 hour ago, Linz13 said:

Right now I'm playing through the Mass Effect trilogy for the second time. I like the Dragon Age games as well. Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, The Sims, Pokémon, Portal, a couple of the Harvest Moon games...gosh, I'd have to go look at my stash to remember all the ones I've played, haha. Those are the big ones, though.

Haven't played mass effect or harvest Moon, but I really want to. I'm heavily addicted to Sims ever since the first one. I haven't played the 4th one yet though. I love Skyrim and fallout. I've played portal 2 and really enjoyed it. I want to play the first one. Pokemon is fun. The last anime convention I went to, I dressed up as Leafeon

I'm a Hufflepuff too ! Even if we don't brag, we're the best and one day the other houses will just have to deal with it ;)

I like Hunter Games and LOTR too; Fullmetal Alchemist as well. This anime is just so cool.

We don't play the same videogame I think, but I'm also a fan of D&D ! I'm currently playing with a group of friends, we had a session just Tuesday. I'm a magician, and an elf in the current campaign. What's your favorite class ?

SparkyCat13
7 minutes ago, Rebecca Anderson said:

Haven't played mass effect or harvest Moon, but I really want to. I'm heavily addicted to Sims ever since the first one. I haven't played the 4th one yet though. I love Skyrim and fallout. I've played portal 2 and really enjoyed it. I want to play the first one. Pokemon is fun. The last anime convention I went to, I dressed up as Leafeon

It took me a few years after they were a big deal to finally play Mass Effect, Fallout, and Portal, but I deeply enjoy all of them. Portal 2 is really good, but I still think the first one is better, so I highly recommend playing it! It's refreshingly short.

I haven't played the Sims 4; I've heard that it isn't that great. Apparently Sims 3 is really good. I recently got it and installed it the other night, but haven't had time to play it yet. I really miss the original though! So sad it's hard or impossible to play old computer games on new computers.

What conventions have you gone to? I've been going to A-kon in Dallas for 10 years now, but I haven't been able to afford going to cons out of state.

(Also, I'm a Hufflepuff too! Hufflepuffs unite! :D)

Hiya :) Welcome to AVEN!

Good to have you here! Don't be afraid to jump right in - we're a friendly bunch, always willing to support one another! If you're interested in making friends, you might wat to have a peek at the Meetup Mart. We have a bunch of ways to get in touch with fellow AVENites, be it via PM, snail mail, Skype or Twitter. There are a lot of anime fans on here too, but I usually don't get what they are talking about :lol:

Make yourself a home and if you have any questions, ask right away! I hope you'll enjoy being active on here :) Have some more anime cake:

1454080134-3d85b7f039f71612cb1256bcaa6a4

NickyTannock

@Rebecca Anderson Welcome to AVEN!

You say you like Video Games, have you played Black Mesa?
It's a game I worked on, though you'll only find my name in the end credits of the Steam version as a past developer.
A remake of Half-Life on the Half-Life 2 game engine.
Rainbow-cake-700.jpg
Rebecca Anderson
9 hours ago, Leilamy said:

I'm a Hufflepuff too ! Even if we don't brag, we're the best and one day the other houses will just have to deal with it ;)

I like Hunter Games and LOTR too; Fullmetal Alchemist as well. This anime is just so cool.

We don't play the same videogame I think, but I'm also a fan of D&D ! I'm currently playing with a group of friends, we had a session just Tuesday. I'm a magician, and an elf in the current campaign. What's your favorite class ?

My favorite would probably be a sorceress. I haven't played too much of it because the only people I know who play it are busy with other stuff. Which Nintendo games do you like? I know I like a lot of the Mario party games and a few other games for the GameCube such as Kirby air ride and super monkey ball. Need for speed is also really good in my opinion

Rebecca Anderson
9 hours ago, Linz13 said:

It took me a few years after they were a big deal to finally play Mass Effect, Fallout, and Portal, but I deeply enjoy all of them. Portal 2 is really good, but I still think the first one is better, so I highly recommend playing it! It's refreshingly short.

I haven't played the Sims 4; I've heard that it isn't that great. Apparently Sims 3 is really good. I recently got it and installed it the other night, but haven't had time to play it yet. I really miss the original though! So sad it's hard or impossible to play old computer games on new computers.

What conventions have you gone to? I've been going to A-kon in Dallas for 10 years now, but I haven't been able to afford going to cons out of state.

(Also, I'm a Hufflepuff too! Hufflepuffs unite! :D)

I'm on the other side of the country from you. I usually go to anime Midwest and con-alt-delete. They are in Rosemont Illinois. Sims 3 is very addicting. I enjoy it a lot. I miss Sims 1 as well. I get major nostalgia when I hear Sims 1 background music. 

Rebecca Anderson
4 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

@Rebecca Anderson Welcome to AVEN!

You say you like Video Games, have you played Black Mesa?
It's a game I worked on, though you'll only find my name in the end credits of the Steam version as a past developer.
A remake of Half-Life on the Half-Life 2 game engine.
Rainbow-cake-700.jpg

I haven't heard of that game, but I could see what it is. I have a steam account, so I could look it up.

Rebecca Anderson
19 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Whose you’re favourite My Hero academia character then? :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Tsuyu is my favorite. I've only seen the first season, and I need to watch more of it. Btw, that pic makes me crave chocolate really bad XD

SparkyCat13
36 minutes ago, Rebecca Anderson said:

I'm on the other side of the country from you. I usually go to anime Midwest and con-alt-delete. They are in Rosemont Illinois. Sims 3 is very addicting. I enjoy it a lot. I miss Sims 1 as well. I get major nostalgia when I hear Sims 1 background music. 

I'm hoping I'll finally have time this weekend to play 3 a bit. Though I'm in the middle of a Mass Effect playthrough, so that's been kinda taking over my brain lately, haha.

My friend and her brother are able to remember all the music from Sims 1 and they sometimes speak in Simspeak with each other. It's hilarious.

Nintendo wise, I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem. I also play The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon (though a bit less now), Kid Icarus, Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyrim, Splatoon...  My younger sister has some Kirby-related games though.

NickyTannock
8 hours ago, Rebecca Anderson said:

I haven't heard of that game, but I could see what it is. I have a steam account, so I could look it up.

Half-Life is based on Stephen King's The Mist, but with the setting changed to the military base where the big event happens.
In The Mist, an experiment to open a window into other Universes accidentally opens a door instead, which leads to alien wildlife being on Earth.
The remake I worked on is called Black Mesa because that's the name of the base in the game.

Rebecca Anderson
6 hours ago, Leilamy said:

Nintendo wise, I'm a huge fan of Fire Emblem. I also play The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon (though a bit less now), Kid Icarus, Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyrim, Splatoon...  My younger sister has some Kirby-related games though.

I love playing Skyrim

Yeah, it's cool ! I play a Khajit and I loved designing my character. I've not played a lot yet 'cos... highschool and everything, and it's an open world so I prefer to have plenty of time when playing, I'm constantly distracted by almost anything in open world so x)

19 hours ago, Rebecca Anderson said:

Tsuyu is my favorite. I've only seen the first season, and I need to watch more of it. Btw, that pic makes me crave chocolate really bad XD

Tsukuba is so cute. The third episode of the third season came out today :D 

Archived