Oh, Hello.

DSwin85

Hi everyone :), 

I've been hanging around here for a few months now and finally decided to make an account and introduce myself. I am 32 years old -- so I feel like I am a bit late to the discovery party...

After 16 years or so of trying dating (a few times) and never feeling great about it, I finally (with the help of a psychologist) came to the conclusion that I am asexual about half a year ago. It was, and still is a bit of a rocky road to acceptance, but I am starting to feel better about myself and my direction in life.

Anyways, hi again!

SparkyCat13

Welcome! I said this on another thread, but it's never too late to join the party!

Image result for party cake

Chocolatastic AroAce

I 'm in the same spot as you. It's easier to accept and explore things when there are tools like the internet to help.  Welcome to the party.

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone. It really does seem like I am not alone with a place like this.

34 here!  Better late than never!

Welcome! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better about it. It can be scary to take up a label like that, but we’ll support you no matter what :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for introducing yourself! It's great that you've found your way on here. AVEN is a wonderful community full of friendly and supportive people. We have a lot of members who only realized their asexuality "later" in life (putting the "later" in quotes because 32 is not old at all :)). You might enjoy the 30 somethings thread where there are mostly people of your (and my ;)) age group, but feel free to explore all the forums! If you have any questions, ask away. We're always ready to help :)

I hope you'll enjoy being a part of AVEN! Have some cake:

f594e7a6-7d49-4482-b776-ade63614e0b3.jpg

Archived