Research Participation Request: A Study on the Sexuality of Autistic Adults

kelico

The following is a survey request from Paige Ross, a student at Hamline University, studying the ties between sexuality and the autism spectrum:

I'm researching how being autistic influences sexuality. My end goal is to use an eleven-question survey to put together a paper/presentation for my class, and I'd like to post this survey on AVEN. My survey is meant for people 18 or older who identify as autistic or as someone with Asperger's. 

Survey:

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

kelico

Social Media Director

(Note: I'm acting on behalf of our vacant Dedicated Research Contact position)

knittinghistorian

I’m somewhere on the Asperger’s scale, but it’s quite mild. I don’t want to skew your data  Would you like me to take it anyway?

mockingbird13

Hi, this is Paige. To answer knittinghistorian's question, it's perfectly fine to take the survey if you consider your autism/Asperger's mild. I'd love to hear your responses as well. :) 

I'm not an "adult" but I'm an Ace teen with High Functioning Autism. Would I still be able to participate? 

mockingbird13

I can only accept respondents who are 18 or older. Thank you for the question, though.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

Yes. I am mildly autistic and completed the survey. It was nice and none of the questions made me uncomfortable. Best of blessings with your research. I hope you do well.

FallenAngel9799

I've been diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS) since I was 1.5 years old.

• 3 weeks later...
mockingbird13

I've finished my paper and I'm adding a link to it. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nqgq0R4OUOIdL-ctKBp7bL9Vg6TmlZzHCL53Z5zisRk/edit?usp=sharing

Please be gentle with me, I’m a student not a professional researcher, and my intentions are good but I am also very tired and I re-wrote this more than once because I wasn’t satisfied with it so there may be editing errors. 

Also, if anyone else wants to conduct a similar (or different) survey and do their own research, you can set them up in google forms. I would also recommend creating a consent form. I don’t believe you need to be affiliated with a university, either. 

And on yet another note, if anybody wants more stats or graphs from my study I could probably figure them out and add them in.

• 3 months later...
Classicmiriam
On 4/18/2018 at 2:46 PM, kelico said:

The following is a survey request from Paige Ross, a student at Hamline University, studying the ties between sexuality and the autism spectrum:

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

kelico

Social Media Director

(Note: I'm acting on behalf of our vacant Dedicated Research Contact position)

I am an autistic 38 year old female.  I am an aro-ace and quite high functioning. Can I take the survey.  I also have wondered if there are other asexuals in my area.  There seems to be no awareness over here.

1 hour ago, Classicmiriam said:

I am an autistic 38 year old female.  I am an aro-ace and quite high functioning. Can I take the survey.  I also have wondered if there are other asexuals in my area.  There seems to be no awareness over here.

Hello! It appears the survey/study is closed now. I'm sorry! But your answers would've been greatly helpful, I'm sure. : ) As for finding other aces in your area, I suggest checking out the Meetup Mart section of the forum. See if there is a thread for those near you!

Archived