Where do I land?

acievv

I've found myself confused on where I land when It comes to my Romantic Orientation-

I know I want to be with someone

Cuddle, hold hands, kiss, sex, etc.

But when it comes to liking someone, I find having to force myself to like them.

I know I'm demisexual, but when It comes to having a "crush" I have to talk myself into saying I like them. I'll tell people, like my friends, I like a certain person when really, I don't feel that romance. Like when your heart skips a beat, your breathing hitches or feeling butterflies in my stomach I don't feel that "feeling".

I might be aromantic seeing that I don't feel that "romance feeling", but I know that I want to be in a relationship.

It might just be me being picky and not yet find "the one", could there a Romantic orientation that applies to how I feel?

It's both confusing me and making me somewhat frustrated. 

Dark General

From what you've described, you sound like you might be cupioromantic. It is basically a subset of aromantic. A person that's cupioromantic doesn't feel romantic attraction but still desires a romantic relationship.

Hey Acievv

Firstly, welcome to AVEN!

I agree with @Dark General, I think you may be cupioromantic. You have every desire to be in a romantic relationship with the stereotypical hand-holding dates, kisses, cuddles, possibly even sex, but the romantic attraction isn't really present. You are NOT broken. You are simply on the aromantic spectrum and many other people on this site are too. Whilst there are people who are aro and don't even desire relationships, there are still people who do want relationships. There is nothing wrong with you and the feelings experience (:

Archived