UK asexuality conference - 8 July 2018

michaeld

6 minutes ago, G0D said:

I don't suppose you want a speaker to shout the virtues of AS-NS.net, and other alternative asexual communities? (Did I just ask that out loud?)

Thanks for signing up and the offer to drive/host people. As for the question, if it relates to the topic being discussed, there is no issue with a speaker or audience member mentioning other sites devoted to asexuality.

Aspiring Monkey

Question - I/we saw the schedule and it has lunch and tea in it - will there be anything gluten free?

27 minutes ago, JD_MacGill said:

Question - I/we saw the schedule and it has lunch and tea in it - will there be anything gluten free?

Yep! When registering, there is a question where you should specify any dietary requirements you have, including gluten free. We'll do our best to accommodate any reasonable request we get.

cutiepastels

I received the email with the schedule, I am not sure if I can stay the whole day but will it be ok if I stay up until lunchtime?

Blaiddmelyn
3 hours ago, cutiepastels said:

I received the email with the schedule, I am not sure if I can stay the whole day but will it be ok if I stay up until lunchtime?

I'll let Mic butt in if I'm wrong but pretty sure that'd be OK. Pretty sure it's something like false imprisonment if we force you to stay there 😛

cutiepastels
On 6/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, Blaiddmelyn said:

I'll let Mic butt in if I'm wrong but pretty sure that'd be OK. Pretty sure it's something like false imprisonment if we force you to stay there 😛

haha ok thanks! I will stay up until lunch time at least 🙂

Sadly I'll have to withdraw from attending this.

Is there any plan to post videos of the sessions on the Net?

A.

CforCatherine

If it’s not too much trouble, I was wondering if it’s possible to get a sentence or two about the sessions? I’m having such a hard time choosing between some of the parallel ones!

FlexibleAsexual

im only replying so it gets 69 replies lmao

All who registered - we sent an email on 25 June from "UK Asexuality conference" to everyone who registered before that date. We have found for some (but not most) people it went into their spam folder, presumably because asexuality was mentioned! Did you get your email or did it go to spam? Please let us know!

If it went to spam, please whitelist ukacecon2018@gmail.com and aven.pt@gmail.com (or check your spam folder regularly) in case we have further updates!

Cutie - yep you can stay till lunch! We do encourage everyone to stay for as long as possible, obviously, but we will understand if you have unavoidable commitments.

Allport - that's a shame but thanks for letting us know. Yes if possible we'll post some videos.

Catherine - we hope to release some more details at some point, but we'll explain the sessions on the day too so you can decide.

CforCatherine
1 hour ago, michaeld said:

Catherine - we hope to release some more details at some point, but we'll explain the sessions on the day too so you can decide.

That’s lovely, thank you! And the email went directly to my inbox : )

@michaeld I didn't get any email, not even in my spam folder. Could you please let me know if I was added to the list? Thanks.

Horse Ham Radio
45 minutes ago, BunChips said:

@michaeld I didn't get any email, not even in my spam folder. Could you please let me know if I was added to the list? Thanks.

Hi BunChips, I can confirm that you are on the list of attendees.  I have just forwarded you the email on behalf of Mic :) Please let me know if you haven't received it.

Hi @nameinagame, thank you for confirming! And thank you for forwarding the email! I look forward to meeting everyone there :)

Is anyone planning to live tweet? And will there be a hashtag for the day?

That's a really good point. I did want to make a hashtag (even though I personally don't have a clue how to use twitter). How about #ukacecon2018?

I'll point our social media team at this in case they have any thoughts!

Purple Kooky Kitty

Looking forward to the conference! I'm an 'older' asexual lass who only recently had her enlightenment moment so I'm hoping to further my awareness and crucial to me, meet other Aces. 

Hi

like BunChips I didn’t receive an email in either my inbox or spam folder. Again, could you check I am on the list.

thank you

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Sorry, in this heat, if I manage to survive the parade on Saturday, I certainly couldn't brave the bad transport on Sunday, so I'm going to call it quits for the conference. I'd get back so late and I've work early on Monday. Have a blast though.

CforCatherine
10 hours ago, Purple Kooky Kitty said:

Looking forward to the conference! I'm an 'older' asexual lass who only recently had her enlightenment moment so I'm hoping to further my awareness and crucial to me, meet other Aces. 

That’s pretty much why I’m excited to go! I’m in my 30s and it took me ages to separate social expectations from who I really am and then to realise/find there was a community of similar people. 

Horse Ham Radio
2 hours ago, Maalie said:

Hi

like BunChips I didn’t receive an email in either my inbox or spam folder. Again, could you check I am on the list.

thank you

Hi Maalie, you're on the list as going :) I have forwarded the email to you. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

Horse Ham Radio
18 minutes ago, Yuyu said:

Hi ! I haven’t received an email either, could you just tell me if I am on the list please ? :)

Thanks !

Hi Yuyu, welcome to AVEN! Please see my PM :)

58 minutes ago, nameinagame said:

Hi Maalie, you're on the list as going :) I have forwarded the email to you. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

Thanks for confirming 😊 just checked my email and I haven’t received it please could you try mhsag@icloud.com

thanks 

Horse Ham Radio
32 minutes ago, Maalie said:

Thanks for confirming 😊 just checked my email and I haven’t received it please could you try mhsag@icloud.com

thanks 

Thanks for letting me know. Please see my PM :)

Hey Zarma, I'll send you a PM.

Everyone who signed up (and hasn't cancelled) should have an email from us. Check your spam folder if you can't see it! Otherwise post a message here or email us.

I'm sorry but I've not been feeling well today. How do I go about cancelling my place. Sorry for the late notice. 

Hi all,

Pleased to announce we are livestreaming Room 1 of the conference tomorrow. Here is the link:

twitch.tv/aven_official

Also if you want to tweet from the conference, use the hashtag

#ukacecon2018

PS. VonBeeBee - sorry to hear you aren't well. You don't need to do anything else. Thanks for telling us.

Archived