Asexy TV now on YouTube

I think everyone in the interviews did a good job at getting the word out about asexuals.

I have the same reaction to the interviewers' reactions as a lot of y'all did - how is asexuality all so hard to understand? Don't you remember a time when you were, essentially, asexual (i.e. childhood)?

But to be fair I have a mirror reaction to sexuality:

:shock: You have the chronic urge to do what? :shock: With your what?!! :shock: I totally don't get it; that's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I don't believe it :?

:)

I have to say though there's a whole lot of irony in Dr Joy Davidson calling asexuals "narrow-minded" and "blind to possiblities"...

That made me want to decapitate her with a rusty spork. I'm thinking fish-knife now, though...

That's exactly what I keep on getting from one friend of mine. And I keep on winning the arguments. And it keeps on making no difference.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
And reacting this way, with doubt, mocking humour, or even suggesting it be a problem that needs to be cured isn't going to help at all. Also, its tricky when asexuality isnt as clear cut as other sexualities, there are many different types of prefrence and lifestyles of an asexual, which I don't think was understood.

[ you know what, I agree with you here. Some of the interviwers were genuinly trying to understand, but the View made me cringe. ]

[ The girls on the ends were asking good questions, but the other two were very doubtful and made the audience laugh- they're laughing at him. I think that was terrible.]

[ But thank god that at least it's getting some interest. We need a bit of understanding.]

• 2 months later...
Quick question though: Wasn't there also a program broadcasted in Canada about us too, around last year or so? Anyone know what happened with that?

It was on an hour long show on the Slice network in Canada called Sexual Secrets. It airs Sunday nights at 3 and 4am, I believe the shows on reruns at the moment so if you're in Canada just keep an eye out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Member21883

I have to say, the Montel audience seemed rather... hostile to me.

Did anyone else notice that?

Edit: Maybe it was another video...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for posting these! All the people interviewed did a great job.

What I don't understand is everyone else's reaction. What's it to anyone else what people prefer to do (or not do)? I really don't understand people sometimes. :)

• 5 months later...

BBC Documentary on Asexuality (March 09)

Damnit people, making me triple post.

Part 1 is now available

Part 2 is now available

Part 3 is now available

I'll update this post as the other two segments go up.

I've cut out the other story in the documentary as well as things like the credits at the end, mostly to get the file size down to make this easier for me. I've also given it a rather non-descript name, which will hopefully keep it live a bit longer.

Thanks, EGD. I didn't think to post in this thread :rolleyes:

Anyway, the youtube link is broken now. I daresay there was too much "naughty rude" stuff in the rest of the segment and they deleted it. :(

Anyway, as far as I know all the other links on other sites still work! :)

• 1 month later...
carried in bags

ok, i know this guys video is about the asexuality they teach us in school...but i couldnt help but comment on it anyhoo

"if adam was asexual"

• 2 months later...

I just subscribed to the Youtube channel. One thing I don't like about the videos on there is the interviewers seem to all think that either something is wrong with us or that we are some sort of anomaly and that there aren't very many of us.

• 7 months later...

I would love to show that to my friends, but I don't want them coming here and reading my posts :shock:

YEah.. same here... this is all just too new to me. I will want to show them later though when I feel more confident. Coming out as a lesbian was nothing compared to this..... Two exoeriences, one really great and one not so good. I guess that means it is mostly good, since great kinda "outnumbers" not so good. *Giggle*

Have some :cake: all :)

• 11 months later...
little_miss

How many Ace Vblog channels are out there? I know of Hot Pieces of Ace and The Dapper Ace ( I love them by the way.) And I just found out about the Deck of Aces, channel.I was just wondering if I have missed any?