Asexy TV now on YouTube

alright!! And now that I have working speakers I can actually watch your appearance with sound - Not being a lipreader, I had to guess what you and winter were saying the first itme around.

How handy! Thanks so much.

I'd never seen the one with you and winter on Fox, that was pretty good. The doctor they had on. . .she almost got it. Tried to get it.

oo. That was amazing. I never got a chance to watch any of the segments, as I don't have cable, and havent really had internet for quite some time. But yeah, thank you so much for putting that up so they're available for all. ^_^

I thought the expressions on the guy's face in the Tucker Carlson one were rather amusing. You can see the gears grinding in his brain.

I thought the expressions on the guy's face in the Tucker Carlson one were rather amusing. You can see the gears grinding in his brain.

"So, why aren't you the most successful man in the world?" :lol:

And, from the bar on the left in the beginning of their news stories, I really wanna see what they were saying about "Musical Undies".... :|

I would love to show that to my friends, but I don't want them coming here and reading my posts :shock:

I would love to show that to my friends, but I don't want them coming here and reading my posts :shock:

You can show them the Youtubes without saying that you're actually on AVEN ^_^

I've shown a few of my friends the videos, but they all know that I'm on AVEN cause I talk about it a lot :wink:

I've shown a few of my friends the videos, but they all know that I'm on AVEN cause I talk about it a lot :wink:

I've never directly told them about AVEN, just indirectly, as in "I'm on a message board" :D

I've never directly told them about AVEN, just indirectly, as in "I'm on a message board" :D

Ha ha ha. ME TOO. And when it was PT election time, I was all, "I have been voted into a position of power I will not mention the name of! Yay me!" ...I talk about this forum too much IRL...

Ugh, I just started watching these. And most of them are highly annoying.

"There's a number of reasons why a person might not be interested in sex, ranging from low testosterone to early childhood trauma."

"A large proportion of these people, who are going on these websites and now identifying as asexual are just looking for an answer, when the answer may lie in therapy!"

Asexuality is "abstinence forever" ??

I guess it's a hard thing to get people to understand. Part of the problem too is that asexuals themselves take different meanings for the word. David Jay and some others really have no interest at all, and say there isn't much choice involved at all. But then there's others like myself who take a more diluted version that's more about sex being unimportant for a relationship, but still might experience some level of attraction or desire, and choose or not choose to act on it. It just seems like it's easiest for people to understand if you put it out there to people as simply having a lack of attraction, but it's actually more nuanced than that, and it can alienate part of the community to take that definition. The whole thing with Victoria in the 20/20 segment kind of shows how that's a weakness for the movement as well, because if you take the extreme definition than anyone that doesn't match up to it is fodder for the media and skeptics to say "ah, see, there's no real asexuals". I don't know. It just seems like it's a lot harder to put in front of people than more simple orientations like homosexuality.

While a lot of the people are saying some things that aren't very true/nice/good, at least they're paying attention.

As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity...

Now that the topic of asexuality is in people's minds, we can start working to change their opinion of it ^__^

Exactly, Charlie. Many of us felt a bit uneasy when we saw these the first time (The View made me queasy), but they do the job. The eye of the media isn't kind to anyone, but a heck of a lot of people can see us through it.

Yeah, I think it's better for other people to see than for us to. All it does for me is makes me wince :P

They just try to be dramatic, to "shock" people :P

"So you REALLY don't have an interest? REALLY not at ALL? Are you SURE? Well *I* sure have a libido, so it's just WEIRD that you don't! Doesn't everone think these people are weird? They really are!! OK, roll commercials, we don't make any money from programming alone!"

Actually, I just got to The View one. That one's quite a bit better than the others.

Sorry to disappoint, I guess. What were you expecting?

a soft voice, not such a deep one.

Though I should note that everyone always has completely the opposite voice of what I imagine.

Aha, I finally got around to doing it!

If you were to go to my Myspace, and scroll down to the "Heroes" section, you'll see three of the AVEN-on-TV clips from Youtube ^____^

Aha, I finally got around to doing it!

If you were to go to my Myspace, and scroll down to the "Heroes" section, you'll see three of the AVEN-on-TV clips from Youtube ^____^

actually that would require going to a specific myspace profile - if you visit mine there is no heroes category

To my Myspace, as in the Myspace belonging to me, where I have put the clips under the Heroes category, where I originally had that French boy band that I moved up to Music...

Unless I completely misread that XD

To my Myspace, as in the Myspace belonging to me, where I have put the clips under the Heroes category, where I originally had that French boy band that I moved up to Music...

Unless I completely misread that XD

lets just pretend that you misread that ;) That way I won't have to admit to misreading it.

(ps I sent you a myspace friend request)

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like they dont take Dave seriously when he's alone, but when he is with others, they treat them with more respect