A question for women

Pucelle Éternelle

A shard of glass
6 minutes ago, Pamalla-Shay said:

that is not how cancer works

Hate to say it... but I actually studied this for a university exam. Inflammation (whether from strain or any other cause including well... tissue damage, you know, how inflammation always happens) increases the risk of cancer of all types. For example, sun burn increases the risk of skin cancer. Sun burn is a type of inflammation.

Another example? Sure: Alcohol use, alcohol damages and inflames the liver, it's because the liver isn't adapted to deal with alcohol. In fact, it converts ethanol in alcohol into ethanal which is far more toxic. As a result of this, alcohol increases your risk of liver cancer, oh, and bowel cancers too.

And to really put some nails in the coffin, look up the risk factor for Crohn's disease and bowel cancer. Go on, I dare you.

No need for it. I can tell you. You are 15 times more likely to get bowel cancer if you have Crohn's disease (or ulcerative colitis). Oh, and guess what? They are known as "IBD's"... which stands for "inflammatory bowel disease". Hmmm, inflammation... hmmmmmmmmmm... I'll let you figure this one out for yourself :D

• Like 4
Pamalla-Shay
8 minutes ago, Thea2 said:

I would like to know your source material, what you base this opinion on.

5 minutes ago, Baggage_warrior said:

Hate to say it... but I actually studied this for a university exam. Inflammation (whether from strain or any other cause including well... tissue damage, you know, how inflammation always happens) increases the risk of cancer of all types. For example, sun burn increases the risk of skin cancer. Sun burn is a type of inflammation.

Another example? Sure: Alcohol use, alcohol damages and inflames the liver, it's because the liver isn't adapted to deal with alcohol. In fact, it converts ethanol in alcohol into ethanal which is far more toxic. As a result of this, alcohol increases your risk of liver cancer, oh, and bowel cancers too.

And to really put some nails in the coffin, look up the risk factor for Crohn's disease and bowel cancer. Go on, I dare you.

No need for it. I can tell you. You are 15 times more likely to get bowel cancer if you have Crohn's disease (or ulcerative colitis). Oh, and guess what? They are known as "IBD's"... which stands for "inflammatory bowel disease". Hmmm, inflammation... hmmmmmmmmmm... I'll let you figure this one out for yourself :D

how about a lot of my family  has had cancer and none of that stuff was a cause for it...

also get back to the topic of this thread

4 minutes ago, Pamalla-Shay said:

how about a lot of my family  has had cancer and none of that stuff was a cause for it

That is not a valid argument in relation to my question. “a lot of my family” doesn’t make a valid sample size. And the fact that it was not the cause in their case, does not exclude it being the cause in other cases.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pamalla-Shay said:

but your shirt will always fall down so you will have to constantly pull it up

:huh: As I mentioned before, I lived for a long time almost totally flat chested, and still I have never had a shirt ‘fall down’. Nope, and no ‘pull it up’  has ever been required. I do wonder what you are actually talking about. :huh:

2 hours ago, Pucelle Éternelle said:

What do you think about wearing bras or other breast  undergarments  ?  What were your reactions to wearing them at the beginning ? In my case I don't see the point in wearing them , but  I like the idea of having a corset . I admire the rococo ones  and  I like  the silhouette of top parts of dresses from renaissance . The chests are supposed to be really flat in these styles. You can see some photos on the internet .  I've also read on AVEN posts written by women who wished to have smaller breasts or have more gender neutral / flat chests. I think there might be a link between that idea and asexuality .  Share your thoughts .

I didn't want to at first and thought they were uncomfortable and a pain to get on. I should have taken advantage of those comfy cloth-sports bras at the time.
Now they're a fact of life and usually comfortable enough not to notice 24/7, but they're still a pain to have to juggle when you just want to wear something you like but run into one of the many issues like: straps showing, or a strapless one doesn't stay in place, or clothing manufacturers keep making shirts too thin and bra shows through, or when it's so warm outside that you don't want a bra but can't not wear one and the most comfy sports bras out there are made only for almost flat-chested women. >.>

WinterWanderer

Inflammation can and does lead to cancer. Not sure it's been proven that breast strain specifically leads to breast cancer, though? I'm not sure that that is relevant to this topic. Lifestyle and genetics are much more important contributors to breast cancer -- particularly lifestyle factors that, as Baggage_warrior said, increase inflammation, such as alcohol and smoking.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Claire1983 said:

I have a DDD so it's actually more uncomfortable for me to go without one.  I'm so used to wearing one that I feel sort of naked without it.  I have wished for smaller boobs but only because mine are SO big that they're uncomfortable and commercial clothing is not made to accommodate them which makes shopping very difficult.

Same, I’m a DDD too, and I’m only 17. :( It’s highly uncomfortable to not wear a bra when I’m walking around, but laying down in my room by myself is okay. Honestly, I’d be happy just to go back to a C or D. For shopping purposes, mostly... and the fact that they’re heavy. :lol:

• Like 1
EggplantWitch

I have a love-hate relationship with boob restraining methods. On one hand, I love cute bras. Fun lacy ones, ones with jazzy designs, different cup shapes, the works. On the other, I'm a 34H, most UK bra ranges even the plus size ones stop at a G, and when they do go that high they're either A: boring, functional, and weirdly devoted to forcing your boobs as far apart as possible, or B: more expensive than meth. Also, I hate hate hate it when the underwire digs into me, and since finding wireless bras if you're any larger than like an E cup is impossible I just have to live with feeling like I'm slowly being gored. So far weight loss has only made me drop band sizes, but if when I'm closer to my goal I'm still finding it hard to cram into bras I will legitimately look into breast reduction surgery. I know that it can cause serious back pain further down the line, so it's possible I could get it on the NHS if it even still exists then

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
21 hours ago, Pucelle Éternelle said:

What do you think about wearing bras or other breast  undergarments  ?  What were your reactions to wearing them at the beginning ? In my case I don't see the point in wearing them , but  I like the idea of having a corset . I admire the rococo ones  and  I like  the silhouette of top parts of dresses from renaissance . The chests are supposed to be really flat in these styles. You can see some photos on the internet .  I've also read on AVEN posts written by women who wished to have smaller breasts or have more gender neutral / flat chests. I think there might be a link between that idea and asexuality .  Share your thoughts .

I never liked wearing bras from the very start at the age of 14 but it's sometimes necessary for public occassion. Aside from that I do prefer smaller breasts but don't care much about it.

As you get older you lose tone there as you do everywhere else unfortunately. You get floppy. It can become uncomfortable if you don't have some sort of support there and a good fitting bra is good. Sad but true!

Edited by Tunhope
removed question mark added erroneously
CosmicTheAceOfSpace

I don't mind wearing them, but I'd prefer to go without (I guess I'm lucky that I can kinda get away with not wearing one, if I'm wearing something other than a thin shirt), taking off your bra after a long day of going out in public, is one of the best feelings ever! :lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CosmicTheAceOfSpace said:

I don't mind wearing them, but I'd prefer to go without (I guess I'm lucky that I can kinda get away with not wearing one, if I'm wearing something other than a thin shirt), taking off your bra after a long day of going out in public, is one of the best feelings ever! :lol:

Same situation here 😊 I hate tops that make me wear a bra and I cannot wait to go home to get rid of it.

• Like 1

i'm pretty averagely sized if not small, but enough that I cannot go without a bra but I always, always do a sports bra unless I need something else for the given top. I wish they were less of a pain/smaller: I dress in a lot of hoodies and unisex clothes that hide everything anyways. However it means the few times I should look feminine, I don't need to try very hard body-wise which I appreciate (because I wouldn't bother if I had to do any other work.) Also, has anyone else used their chest as essentially a shelf? If I'm slouched while watching TV or something, great, remote goes there. I'll eat one handed by supporting a plate there and holding it with my pinky/fourth finger and holding food with my remaining fingers and eating like that with one hand totally free. I've never heard of anyone else doing that, but I'll write or type while eating like that and the plate catches crumbs so its not messy.

I don't like wearing bras at home so I go braless and just wear oversized clothes or whatever to cover that area up. But I defs prefer wearing bras when I go out, I'd feel naked and uncomfortable without it.

As for the link between wanting smaller breasts and asexuality, that's really interesting. Dunno if there's a correlation there but yeah I love having a smaller chest, I'm able to sleep on my front, there's no back pain issues, and I suppose running down the stairs would probably be more irritating if they were bigger 

A shard of glass
On 16/04/2018 at 11:06 PM, Rynn said:

Inflammation can and does lead to cancer. Not sure it's been proven that breast strain specifically leads to breast cancer, though? I'm not sure that that is relevant to this topic. Lifestyle and genetics are much more important contributors to breast cancer -- particularly lifestyle factors that, as Baggage_warrior said, increase inflammation, such as alcohol and smoking.

Physical strain has been linked in the relationship between obesity and cancer, however, it's also made worse by promoting cell proliferation (the technical term for the increase in a cell population) it wouldn't be stupid to assume that the same case can happen for breast tissue as nowadays, it's not unusual for some women to have a cup size of D or larger. Whereas in previous generations, C cup was considered large. This can be linked with obesity and possibly a preference for larger breasted women... survival of the "fittest" stuff I guess... It's a similar reason why people with a "nice butt" are considered attractive. Because we are the "running" animal, so large "running muscles" are a sign of a high survival chance.

Say what you will about how human sexual attraction works, but remember, we're animals, and just like any other animal, any sign of "better survivability" is attractive.

I tend to be the odd one among my friends since I just never take my bra off. The only exception being while showering. I always wear sports bras since they can kind of make my breast appear flatter and that's what I appreciate.

When I first started to grow breasts, I hated it, and didn't want to wear a bra. But now I'm fine with it. My breasts aren't that big.

paperbackreader
5 hours ago, Baggage_warrior said:

Physical strain has been linked in the relationship between obesity and cancer, however, it's also made worse by promoting cell proliferation (the technical term for the increase in a cell population) it wouldn't be stupid to assume that the same case can happen for breast tissue as nowadays, it's not unusual for some women to have a cup size of D or larger. 

If strain = cancer and exercise = strain is that a reason for me not to exercise? :lol: 

Theres been some studies (fairly dubious IMHO)  linking bra use to cancer. There has also been numerous studies (fairly legit looking IMHO) linking inflammation to cancer.

However, again, IMHO, I think the verdict is yet out as to whether 'bewb' cage use or non cage use leads to inflammation and or cancer. 

I guess I feel that as long as you're not flashing them about unnecessarily ( sorry, uncomfortable to me to watch nudity, if there are any nudists here, it's not that I wanna curtail your rights to believe or lead a lifestyle of your choice, it just makes my brain go yeowch awkward what),...

... whether you wish to wear a bra or not is up to you. 

• Like 2

Up until I was about 14 I outright *refused* to wear one, despite being yelled at by my mother and sister that it was inappropriate not to, I wouldn't budge. Unfortunately I have kinda pointy boobs and around that time realized I hated the shape, and started wearing bras with padding to kind of smooth things out and get the nice rounder shape. Now I'm so used to them and aware they make me look better that I feel horribly uncomfortable without them. I found one brand I like and is extremely comfortable, so now it never bothers me. I have heard the health benefits of not wearing one and it'd be nice to not feel like I have to, but I do feel inappropriate to go without, just because my nipples are very noticeable through my shirt when I go without and it makes me feel really uncomfortably sexual to walk around like that. Sigh....society! :D 

I hated wearing them at first but now I don't care.  I used to be a C but I've lost about a stone in the last year, not that I could afford to lose it as I'm slim anyway, but now they've shrunk a lot, like barely there anymore.  I'm disappointed as I liked them as they were because I have confidence issues and, at least on some level, they made me feel more attractive and confident about myself.  But that's despite me actually hating any kind of attention, and hating the time someone was basically staring down my chest while talking to me.  Oh my confused mind!  Oh, and I can attest to the "skinny chest makes tops fall down" as I now have this problem with my small boobs.  I always wear strappy tops, the camisole sort, and now I find the top of it gapes and drops down below the top of my bra, but I can't get into a smaller size as the rest of my upper body still needs a size 10 top.

I'm an M cup and by that size, it's actually more comfortable to go without a bra unless you can pay to get one specially made for you which I can't right now! I used to want a reduction but now I'm happy with my boobs the way they are even though they're quite difficult to manage. I have to be extra vigilant while cooking and making cups of tea etc because they swing down through my clothes to the same level as the hot elements and I've often spilled boiling water on the when making hot drinks D: (fortunately no lasting scars though!!). If I had very tiny boobs I'd buy a million pretty little bras to wear just because I've never been able to do that haha. And I'd love to try a corset but more for comfort because I'd like to see if it's more comfortable to have them held from the bottom up instead of the shoulder straps taking the weight (which is almost 2KGs/4Ibs each!) :)

I'm an A/B depending on what shop I'm in. I stayed wearing them in primary school and was one of the first in my year to have to. I was very self conscious about it. 

These days I wear non wired/non boned bralette type things. I have rather large moles on my back which the fasteners on normal bras always seem to irritate. They just get pulled over your head and you can get fancy ones. Basically, they're for people who just don't give a fuck anymore :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, Rynn said:

I see them as a necessity because I need the support. I don't mind wearing them, but I also don't think women should be /required/ to wear them. My sister often goes without wearing one, because nobody would notice, anyway.

Regarding bras, i have an interesting perspective i had male breast augmentation done 10 mos ago, resulting in noticeable breasts. What I have noticed is right after my surgery they were very firm and did not move at all sort of had the stuck on look. However once they finally softened up which took about  4-5mos they became a lot softer and began to have some movement to them especially if I walked down stairs or ran/ fast walked. I went from feeling that maybe I would really not need to wear a bra to after the 6 mos point to yeah I do need to wear one.

I guess what I am saying is that I would say the majority of women that wear one probably have too or are too modest to go our without one. If you are young and or flat chested for the most part probably can do without one. Me personally i like to wear one, as well as constant movement was nice in the beginning tends to get old after awhile 

Dark Heart

When my chest first started to develop, I avoided bras like the plague. Now that I'm older and have accepted my fate I don't mind wearing a bra. I've almost always worn sports bras, and they are pretty comfortable. The few occasions when I've worn anything else I've felt really self-conscious and had to make adjustments to either the bra or the article of clothing I was wearing.

There isn't much there to support, so when I'm at home, sometimes I go without. While I've had days when I've wished my chest was bigger so I would look more feminine, I am also glad that they are not any bigger than they are because of the reasons that have already been mentioned (difficulties with clothes/bra shopping, strain on the back, etc).

I have always hated bras, and, really, boobs, in general.  I definitely have dysphoria about my chest.  I was a 32J chest but had a reduction six months ago and am so much happier.  I also wear a binder and actually find it more comfortable than a bra.  Get a good one though if you do, it's totally worth the money.  I use gc2b.  When I'm not binding, I prefer sports bras which give me a flatter appearance.  While my chest dysphoria is likely more tied to my gender identity (I'm non-binary so I prefer not to be read as female which breasts tend to cause people to do), I found that, being asexual, I felt my large chest sexualized me too much and I got too much unwanted sexual attention despite attempts to hide my chest under baggy sweaters and wearing multiple bras.  But I've had to learn, over the years, to ignore the sexual comments and, if I feel safe to do so, I explain that I am asexual.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I had male breast aug done over 2 years ago I have fairly noticeable breasts and wear bras regularly which I am OK with as being part and particle of having boobs. thoughts have changed a bit as first really thrilled to wearing bras now its just something I have to do I don't hate them just feels normal to wear, the real pain is running or biking need to wear sportbras I am very glad to take them off at the end of exercising  

I wear bras veeeeeery rarely. Most of the time I don't. Basically the only time when I wear a bra is when I'm going out and I happen to be in the mood to wear one. I'm usually at home and when I'm home I don't wear them and when I go out I also usually don't bother.  They're too uncomfortable. 

I don’t feel like my breasts are related at all to being asexual. I wear a bra and I’m fine with it. Mine are 36B which is pretty average I think. 

Spoiler

I play with my nipples a lot when I masturbate so I would not want to be without them. 

Actually now that I think about it I do have certain feelings about my breasts that are probably related to being ace.  I always wear a bra at home and when I go out. Sometimes even when I sleep. I think I want to keep them hidden because I don’t like anyone looking at me sexually. 

• Like 1