A question for women

Pucelle Éternelle

I'm pretty young, 14, and I only wear sports bras. They are what is comfortable. My mom always gets annoyed when she can see the straps whenever I'm wearing a dress or wide neck shirt. I say I don't care because seriously, everyone knows girls usually wear bras so why should I care if they can see my straps. Other bras I hate the feeling of. I wish I had like no boobs because they are just a pain and extra weight and if I didn't have hem I wouldn't feel the need to wear a bra. My boobs are kinda big ish so I need to wear one, especially during sports so they dont bounce around and off balance me. Also it hurts getting hit in the boobs by things like a football so that's annoying. Bras just seem a little stupid to me. 

• Like 1
DarkStormyKnight

I basically only wear sports bras, if I have to wear a bra then I'm going to be comfy. I do wish I could snap my fingers and make my boobs go away, but they aren't that big so I guess I can't complain too much.

• Like 1

Hahahaha.. my breasts are too big to make going without a bra comfortable. Typically I prefer to use sports bras. At home I prefer to be completely naked XD and if this upsets anyone, deal with it. It took me a long time to be comfortable in my own skin.

Even at home going braless can get uncomfortable after a while, though

Mysterywriter221

I have DDDs so I only go braless if I'm laying down. That being said, I love being able to get fast service at bars and the bagel place because of them. ;) 

• Like 1

I disliked bra when I started wearing it at the age of 11-12, but mostly because I was chubbier than the rest of the kids and so my boobs became more prominent and obvious. I was simply embarrased, because, let's be honest, kids can be brutal and few felt no shame in pointing out my breast and that I had a bra on. 

I hated my boobs for most of my life, because I felt my big boobs were making me look older and I hated the looks men were giving me - imagine my disgust when I noticed men staring at them when I was only 15-16 years old. 

I'm a 75C and I can't imagine not wearing a bra, but it's a matter of finding a good, comfortable one. I usually wear sport bras, because they're the most comfortable. But I still wear type of tshirts that don't emphasize my chest, even though I'm okay with my boobs now at the age of 27. But I wouldn't mind having smaller boobs and being able to not wear bra at all. 

• Like 1

I didn't see the point given I need no support at all. I realized (far too late) that people don't want to see my nipples through my top, clothes fit better with a bra, and I look aesthetically better with the shape a bra gives my chest. I don't wear one if I'm not going out. I guess to me bras function like makeup in that sense.

• Like 1

I find that my opinion on my own chest tends to fluctuate. Some days I'll be chill with having boobs, and other days I'll wear a sports bra or baggy clothes or something and think how much better that is. Lately I've been fairly indifferent though, and I have no idea if it has anything to do with asexuality!

On 4/16/2018 at 4:04 PM, SparkyCat13 said:

I have fairly large boobs (DD), so I have to wear a bra for support, and while I used to wear sports bras all the time in high school, I find them uncomfortable now, especially since most of them don't really seem designed for people with breasts larger than c-cup. I got a heavy duty sports bra and when I went to work out, my boobs were flailing around like I wasn't wearing one at all, and girls with big boobs know how much that hurts! It's like they're gonna rip themselves right off. x__x I am also one who holds her boobs when running up/down stairs.

I've had some back and forth over the years, but right now I can say I love my boobs, even though I wish they weren't so heavy and didn't knock over things when I lean over. 9_9 They're really squishy, and I like squishy things. XD (I'm probably super weird.) I've tried going bra-less at home sometimes, but I usually end up feeling cold when I do that. Maybe I need to double-layer a tank or something?

Lol Feeling cold! 

Hermit Advocate

I'm glad my breasts are more on the small side. A lot of my friends are bigger and their tales of back pain make me cringe. I dislike wearing bras, but I do for work and when I ecersise. when I'm home I immediatly take it off. I switched from underwire to non-wire and it is much more comfortable. 

• Like 1

I hate bras. you'd think they would have come up with a design that's easy to produce and does the supporting job without being such a pain... The clasps in the back are just the most impractical feature on any clothing I ever owned.  Underwire is just short of a torture instrument and those little plastic strap adjustments are always pushing on a sensitive part of the shoulder.  especially under a bag/backpack strap. I feel the need to wear bras when I leave my home.  It's one of the first things that I remove at home though.  Bras need new functional designs. 

Bra's are annoying,  i don't wear one if i am not going out and take them off when i get home. Plus what is with bra makers putting bows on them? As if that improves them in any way!  To be fair i find breasts equally as annoying, if only we could take them off at the end of the day too :lol:

• Like 1

haha, yes, the little bows usually get snipped off along with the sewn in instructional booklet. on undies as well. 

I always wished that boobs would vanish again after feeding our young like with most mammals.  they tend to get in the way. I get why the amazons cut off the one on the bow and arrow side. (the useful kind of bow)

• Like 1

I can understand the large boobs can be a pain but was wondering if issues with bras are due to not wearing the correct one. Those that complain have you gone and got fitted lately? since getting implants, I go get fitted every time I need a bra and find that bras are not uncomfortable if you get the right ones. that might mean trying on different brands and styles.I do have to admit it isn't has comfy now then when I was flat chested but I don't find any real issues wearing bras now 

On 10/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, Mysterywriter221 said:

I have DDDs so I only go braless if I'm laying down. That being said, I love being able to get fast service at bars and the bagel place because of them. ;) 

I don't get that. Don't blame me, I don't!

I got shit about it when I was a kid, so I felt intense social pressure to wear them even if it wasn't as much as I imagined. 

Spoiler

By "got shit" I mean that when I was in 8th grade, a teacher noticed me not wearing one and told me to go back and put one on. Not sure how he knew or why it mattered back then, but it scared the crap out of me. Not because I was afraid of him specifically, more the social pressure in general, thing. Like, if a teacher is telling you off about it, you know you fucked up.

Now I wear them mostly because I hate when my nipples get pointy. So in summer I can go bra-less quite easily, but in winter I need a few layers before I'm comfortable going without. 

Also, I'm told it makes some men uncomfortable when we're not wearing a bra? I don't understand. I get it if I'm wearing a low cut shirt or something and my boobs are right on display, but I don't get the bra-less thing. 

My mom insisted that I wear a bra when I was in my tweens, and it was uncomfortable and annoying. Until eventually I got used to it, and now I think about it about as much as I think about my underpants, i.e. hardly at all. It no doubt helps that I'm a stick figure with no curves to speak of; while that's annoying when I'm trying to find jeans that actually fit, with the top half it means I can get "t-shirt bras" from the children's section at Walmart. No wire, yay!

I do wish they'd make more front-fastening ones; the hook-and-eye in the back isn't the most convenient design.

I don't even need to wear bras. I consider that a good thing, because bras are sooo uncomfortable.

If I need to wear something underneath my shirt (eg: White shirts tend to be slightly see-through-ish) I just wear a white singlet underneath. It provides more modesty than a bra and it's much comfier (I don't even know it's there!), so it's a win-win

• 2 weeks later...

What I do not understand is why they are so often designed less to give comfortable support but more to enhance the visibility of the breasts.

Personally I find people flaunting their assets disgusting, but then I am somewhat prudish.

Myself I have never had to wear a bra - when my breasts finally became almost large enough to justify wearing one they were removed luckily.

Before I had to wear a binder for a few months only and was very happy to get rid of it.