for those older aces living solo - who looks out for you?

ryn2

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

if i had not turned in for work without phoning in sick, I'd have just got a written warning when i showed up

Yeah, this kind of depends on the type of workplace and type of job.  Lots of people who work in high-turnover, lower-end jobs (call centers, large retail, fast food, etc.) are more likely to be written off as unreliable than assumed ill.

... I am quickly realizing that some of these concerns depend on where you live. The US healthcare system and assisted living is sooooooooo bad. I'm going to hold out hope that it improves 😨

14 hours ago, aceunderfire said:

... I am quickly realizing that some of these concerns depend on where you live. The US healthcare system and assisted living is sooooooooo bad. I'm going to hold out hope that it improves 😨

Ten or 15 years ago, I, too, held out hope that the US health care system would be fixed by the time I retired and got old.  Now I am getting close to retiring and it is even worse than it was back then.   We came close to a fix with the ACA (Obamacare) but even that has been undone now.  I am going to hold out hope that my health holds up until I am eligible for Medicare in another ten years.  Not very realistic, I know.

Even with Medicare there’s the whole Rx coverage “donut hole” to budget for... 

Archived