ace ring question, and other ace symbols

bound dust

So I am thinking of making an ace ring and was wondering if I make it black and iridescent, would it still be recognized as an ace ring?

Also I've been wondering what are some other symbols associated with asexuality? I know there's the flag, ace rings, the cake thing, and sometimes card symbols I've especially seen the spade.

My ace ring is literally just a black elastic doubled over, and someone at my school recognized it. I'm pretty sure there's no rules besides the color and placement ^_^

I think as long as it's mainly black... Mine is a black band with purple gemstones, and whenever I go in public it gets noticed so :P

Biblioromantic

Yeppers, just keep it mostly black. It can have some color, if you want. I've seen some with the asexual flag colors, or black and gray for gray-sexuals. But if the point is to be recognizable as an ace ring, it should be mostly black. It should also be noted when we discuss ace rings that it must be on your middle right finger. A black ring on any other finger of the right hand means swinging, which is pretty much the antithesis of asexuality. Be careful there.

Yes, the ace cards also have meaning. Most well-known are the ace of spades (for aromantics) and ace of hearts (for romantics). The other two aces also have meanings, but I get them mixed up. You might want to spend a few minutes on the AVEN wiki. Here's the page on symbols: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Symbols_of_asexuality

Thanks everyone

6 hours ago, Biblioromantic said:

Yes, the ace cards also have meaning. Most well-known are the ace of spades (for aromantics) and ace of hearts (for romantics). The other two aces also have meanings, but I get them mixed up. You might want to spend a few minutes on the AVEN wiki. Here's the page on symbols: http://wiki.asexuality.org/Symbols_of_asexuality

And thank you for the link, I have already learned things from it that I did not know.

CosmicTheAceOfSpace

I think that the ring is definitely the most common one (besides the flag), in terms of asexual symbolism, though there are some websites like 'redbubble' and 'shop.thegayuk.com' who do Asexual merchandise, usually following the colour scheme of the flag. 

I think the only rule that needs to be followed, with the ring, is that it has to be black (unless it has the asexual flag/colours), and that it has to be placed on the middle finger of the right hand (I've been told that a black ring on any other finger of the right hand is a sign that the person might be a swinger, don't quite know the specifics of it though :lol:). 

I ordered my ring off of Amazon, it's completely black with some small line patterns (which is not what I ordered but the ring was still the right colour so it's fine, it was also pretty cheap too, about £3, so I'm not gonna complain :D)

Actually your ring idea sounds pretty cool @bound dust, hope you can upload a photo or something later :) 

Mine is a metalic ring with black stone so it is too amibiguous. I'm looking for a simple black one which I can wear together. 

well other symbols - maybe dragons? I saw a post discussing 'Ace people like dragons?' and many dragon-lovers posted a lot of cool pictures. 

2 hours ago, CosmicTheAceOfSpace said:

I think the only rule that needs to be followed, with the ring, is that it has to be black (unless it has the asexual flag/colours), and that it has to be placed on the middle finger of the right hand (I've been told that a black ring on any other finger of the right hand is a sign that the person might be a swinger, don't quite know the specifics of it though :lol:). 

Here are the specifics!

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2015/01/15/swingers-encouraged-to-put-a-ring-on-itand-wait-how-many-swingers-are-there

CosmicTheAceOfSpace
Just now, Jarle said:

Ah, so if you're a swinger it's a black ring on any finger on the right hand EXCEPT for the middle one, very helpful to know, thank you! :D

I've seen similar comments on other sites, I think it's quite considerate of the swinger community to allow us that!

On 4/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, Falcon7 said:

Actually your ring idea sounds pretty cool @bound dust, hope you can upload a photo or something later :) 

Thanks, maybe I will.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:14 PM, Jarle said:

I've seen similar comments on other sites, I think it's quite considerate of the swinger community to allow us that!

Yes, I think so as well. 

Archived