Fiction versus Nonfiction

Pramana

Fiction versus Nonfiction  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to read fiction or nonfiction?

• Fiction
    • Nonfiction

This poll is closed to new votes

On 4/13/2018 at 5:15 PM, iff said:

Although I think learning and fiction are not exclusive qualities.  Some novels can interest the reader to find out more about things mentioned in the novel I.e. human acts by han kang encouraged me to look into the military dictatorship in south korea , burnt out town of miracles by Roy Jacobsen interested me in the winter war between USSR and Finland, Judas by Amos oz both dealt with Jewish views towards Jesus and formation of Israel.

When reading Yugoslavia, my fatherland, I had an atlas poised to look at on the map the places the main character ventured in search for his father.

It is a success for an author where their books elicit the response that a reader wants to find out more on the background of the subject

My apologies, I meant that I no longer read books of fiction or non. I don't do much of any reading outside of research or politics. :)

Reading novels by existential writers got me interested in reading about what was happening in the world around the time of WW1  both in peoples belief structures about the world and themselves and what was happening with the war.

More recently, non fiction ie the news has sent me to poetry to try to understand.

And the poetry has lead me to want to read "Natural Causes" about attitudes toward death.

The constant ,though, has been reading Scripture. Some people would identify that as fiction and others as non fiction.

Both, but I'm very picky with fiction

• 1 year later...

@Pramana

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived