Trigger Warning: Louisiana's Bill on Bestiality

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1084427

http://www.wwl.com/articles/louisiana-law-ban-sex-animals-wins-senate-vote-25-10

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/04/louisiana_senate_passes_bill_t_1.html?__vfz=rtw_top_pages%3D4046300015169

This is the outcome of the vote for a bill that addresses bestiality and other crimes against nature.

There was actually a disagreement on this bill. What the hell?

From reading the article it is more down to them not wanting the law to change from the current one even though it is the same. I doubt the illegality of bestiality is the problem for anyone. 

I'm not happy with outlawing any form of sexuality unless it causes harm to people or animals. 

I am happy with banning bestiality on the grounds that it is harmful to animals (which is arguable in some cases), but not on the grounds that it is "depraved" because I don't want anyone telling me what is and isn't "depraved".  I would use the same sort of standards for harm to animals that I would use for any other activity involving animals. 

Banning rape, pedophilia of course come under the "harm" rule and should remain serious crimes. 

3 hours ago, uhtred said:

I am happy with banning bestiality on the grounds that it is harmful to animals (which is arguable in some cases)

Killing animals for meat is harmful to animals. Should the meat industry be banned?

Why is it okay to kill a chicken but not rape a chicken? Personally, if I were a chicken, I'd rather be raped than killed.

3 hours ago, uhtred said:

I'm not happy with outlawing any form of sexuality unless it causes harm to people or animals. 

I am happy with banning bestiality on the grounds that it is harmful to animals (which is arguable in some cases), but not on the grounds that it is "depraved" because I don't want anyone telling me what is and isn't "depraved".  I would use the same sort of standards for harm to animals that I would use for any other activity involving animals. 

Banning rape, pedophilia of course come under the "harm" rule and should remain serious crimes. 

15 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Killing animals for meat is harmful to animals. Should the meat industry be banned?

Why is it okay to kill a chicken but not rape a chicken? Personally, if I were a chicken, I'd rather be raped than killed.

I agree with both of you!

6 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Which would bring a new meaning to "pulling a bird" and getting laid :P:P

12 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Agreed.  OTOH, we have different species "contracts" with pets and with food animals. Does that make it OK to have sex with livestock animals but not cats / dogs?  No idea.  Certainly what we do to livestock animals includes rape and far worse. 

Archived