Can I be Grey-Romantic and Have a Crush?

DoubluBubbleDiscoQueen

Can A Person Be Grey-Romantic/Sexual And Have A Crush?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Can A Person Be Grey-Romantic/Sexual And Have A Crush?

• Yes
    • No

DoubluBubbleDiscoQueen

Hello, Hello, I'm new to this community and still questioning my sexuality. I think I may be grey-romantic/sexual but I'm not sure because I have a crush on a guy. Please help me, oh and if you have any stories, please share them with me!^_^ 

I think a grey-romantic person would be able to experience a romantic crush, but only rarely, and/or not in the typical way. And being grey-sexual doesn't tell anything about romantic attraction, so a grey-sexual person could experience romantic crushes.

DoubluBubbleDiscoQueen

Thank You!

bburlacchini

Definitely!! I'm gray on both spectrums and I've had many crushes! I only never really wanted to act upon them, they were well enough for me as a concept.

Yes they can; I'm grey romantic and have had a couple of crushes on people - for me it's pretty rare. Wish you the best in figuring all this out, and welcome to AVEN! :)

banana monkey

I identify as greyromantic because I think I may have had romantic feelings (a crush) on 1 person. I am not entirely sure though, so I identify as several terms under the greyromantic umbrella. Namely, demiromantic and quoiromantic (and possibly lithromantic as well). The intial feelings took me a long time to work out and didnt last long once I had, then once  it had been long enough for me to realise he was really into me romantically everything went away completely, Unfortunately, I didnt realise until we had been in a relationship for several months because I didnt see relationships in that way.  

Blue Phoenix Ace

If you've felt no crushes and have no desire for a romantic relationship, you would be aromantic. Having crushes means you are either grey-romantic or possibly romantic. Grey-romantic is really just a catch-all for somewhere between aromantic and romantic. Hope that helps! :)

Ms. Carolynne

I would assume gray romantics do have crushes, as they experience some romantic attraction, just not to the same degree or frequency as most, or it is under certain conditions.

A gray romantic can experience feint crushes, can experience crushes very rarely, need some condition met, or any combination of these.

I might be gray romantic myself, as I rarely experience romantic attraction. I go by demiromantic as the evidence leans in that direction (granted demi is a type of gray), but I've had an exception where I wasn't close to the person, and then the crush fizzled away after a few weeks. Strangest crush ever.

But... it's rare for me to crush, so I don't have tons of reference, and it could be years until I have another crush; before my most recent crush, it had been 4 years since my previous one when I was in highschool.

Definitely. I've only ever been interested in three people. Seems like I'll go 4-5 years practically aro/ace and then randomly develop a crush on somebody. And it takes me a while to realise that's what it is because it's so unusual. No idea what to do with them when they do happen though. Good luck trying to figure things out.

Archived