Crush - ? - Squish

Ytterbium

I've had feelings for people before, but I'm not sure if they were crushes or squishes. In fact, I think they were half-way between the two.

Is there a word for something that is more serious than a squish but not really a crush?

Sage Raven Domino

I'm not aware of such a term, but I think that the word 'semicrush' that I've just made up would convey the meaning quite well :D

In english I'm not certain if such a term exist... @invokeLogic if there's not one already, that's a good idea xD

Sage Raven Domino

Oops, my bad - I'd forgotten to reread Amy Ghost's glossary before my first reply:

There's actually a term for the desire for a QPR in the glossary, but I didn't remember it, which probably means that it's not really usable :P 

Plush - Queer platonic crush, strong desire to join in a qeer platonic relationship with someone.

IceHurricane

A squish is a very serious feeling on its own. It can be the same intensity as a crush, just without the romantic aspects of a crush. I believe the feelings can be of equal comparison. I've had very intense squishes, It got to the point where I was questioning my romantic orientation. But I'm aro through and through, so I know it was only a squish even though I had my doubts at first.  

Surely something between a crush and a squish would be a crish? Or a squishy-crush? Crushy-squish?

Also, I would echo what IceHurricane said - squishes can be the same intensity as crushes, but are platonic rather than romantic, e.g. craving a best-friendship with someone rather than wanting them to be your girlfriend/boyfriend.

On 8-4-2018 at 6:43 PM, Skittles87 said:

Surely something between a crush and a squish would be a crish? Or a squishy-crush? Crushy-squish?

Also, I would echo what IceHurricane said - squishes can be the same intensity as crushes, but are platonic rather than romantic, e.g. craving a best-friendship with someone rather than wanting them to be your girlfriend/boyfriend.

i like squishy-crush though ;) sounds kinda cute... 

anyway, i'm not aromantic but i think i've experienced a squish when i was in high school. We had this system where someone in his/her last year would be a sort of mentor for the new students. And i had very strong feelings for the girl that was my mentor. I thought i was in love or felt something more then friendship, but now reading about squishes, i realize it was more like that. I would feel safe around her, feel happy, ... and i wanted to be with her as much as possible. For me it was quite intense. :) 

Archived