Design/Art Project for Bachelor

lastsnowfall

lastsnowfall

Hello!

My final project for my bachelor 'exam' in Design is about asexuality.  I thought of creating a 'kit', where I include a magazine about asexuality, a card game (kinda like cards agains humanity) and merchandise like stickers, pins, etc ... But my mentor says that the topic itself offers a lot more, but I'm quite unsure what else to do.. He spoke about the idea of an utopia, where sex doesn't exist, and how a world like that would look like. But I don't know how to 'portrait' that, since I'm not super good at creating illustrations and more into editorial and photography .. Any ideas how else I can represent asexuality in design/art? I'd be thankful for any idea/help!

Could you find a way to make it a board game and feature characters that are asexual, demisexual, greysexual etc. and use the game as a way to educate people as to what the variations mean and how it affects their lives in different ways?

lastsnowfall

Oh a board game, haven't thought of that... Thank you for your suggestion! I could try that :)

I'm glad the suggestion is of some use to you. :) 

A lot of people don't understand the impact it has on our lives, much like being gender fluid/transgender, so a role playing game could help people to understand a bit more the challenges we all face.

I qualified as a graphic designer in 2007 and like to think up ideas. :) 

@lastsnowfall

How about re-making flyers and visual products into Ace version?

There are annoying amount of sexual posters and ads everywhere, they are both explicit and implicit (like double entendre).

Or you can make a collage art using photographies and present Asexual world, mirroring the collage made of photographies from 'sexual world'. This kind of comparison is fun to look at, and the viewers can pay attention to detail of your work.

I used to go to design school, too. It must be hard to figure out what to do, but wish you good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
lastsnowfall

@Falcon7

Hi! Sorry for my late reply, but these are some awesome ideas, thank you so much! I still struggle a little bit with deciding what to do, but this definitely helps.

@lastsnowfall Yes, creating something from scratch is very hard, I know. But you can do it! Wish you the best and looking forward to seeing your work, if you don't mind to share!

Archived