The a-spec survey

Ace-bay

Last year I opened a survey for anybody who is on the a-spectrum, the link was posted to tumblr and has recently been posted to Twitter too. The survey currently has ~2630 respondents, however I want to make sure it gets to as many people as possible, if you wish to take the survey then Here is the link. 

Since many respondents don’t seem to know this:

inclusionist = somebody who believes being a-spec makes you lgbtqia+

Exclusionist = somebody who disagrees with that and believes you must be trans or experience same sex attraction to be lgbtqia+

1 minute ago, Pramana said:

Oh yes, the infamous Tumblr Ace Discourse tag.

Mmmhhmm, is this stuff discussed much here on AVEN?

1 minute ago, Ace-bay said:

Mmmhhmm, is this stuff discussed much here on AVEN?

It has acquired a reputation within the community.

3 minutes ago, Pramana said:

It has acquired a reputation within the community.

“It is actual hell” hellish is the only way to describe tumblr ace discourse tbh, I don’t know why I get myself involved

Unfamiliar with a lot of the terms used. Apart from that I'm certainly an inclsionist. Diversity makes a community stronger. Favorite animal? That shaggy, red drummer on the Muppet Show. EAT DRUM! NO! BEAT DRUM!!!

So I had to type heteroromantic into the "other" field. That's different.

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

sea-lemon 

Dedicated Research Contact 

• 2 weeks later...
AFlyingPiglet

Just completed the survey - was good fun!  I have no idea about the tumblr thing that's being referred to.  I've heard about this particular discussion and that's enough for me.

When I typed about the discrimination I've faced, with hindsight, over the past few years it's been pretty bad so it was nice to type this somewhere.  I am currently pondering writing about this experience in more depth as I think it may be helpful to the Asexual community in some small way. 

Anyway - enough!  I'm off to bed now!  -_-

UrbanPrimitive

I just wanted to say "thanks" for the last question. It's been a rough day and the levity was very welcome.

On 16/04/2018 at 10:17 PM, AFlyingPiglet said:

Just completed the survey - was good fun!  I have no idea about the tumblr thing that's being referred to.  I've heard about this particular discussion and that's enough for me.

When I typed about the discrimination I've faced, with hindsight, over the past few years it's been pretty bad so it was nice to type this somewhere.  I am currently pondering writing about this experience in more depth as I think it may be helpful to the Asexual community in some small way. 

Anyway - enough!  I'm off to bed now!  -_-

I think it would be great to hear about your experiences, our experiences are ignored and played down so much, I’m still often shocked at some of the stuff shared within the survey so I’m always open to hear more 

On 06/04/2018 at 3:53 AM, borkfork said:

So I had to type heteroromantic into the "other" field. That's different.

Sorry I thought I’d added it, I’ll go check the survey again 

edit: I think I must have already seen your comment because I’ve already added it

Skycaptain

Done 

Archived