Research Participation Request: Feelings of Asexual People

Sea Lemon

This request is from Ruth Eyles at the University of Amsterdam:

My research is for my master’s thesis. I am looking into the ways in which asexual people come to feel they don’t match society’s ideals for sexual and romantic relationships, and then how they manage the mismatch in expectation and personal desire. I intend to investigate this primarily through interviews, as I want in depth information of people’s feelings and actions. I also want to be able to tailor the questions to each person, as I do not intend to restrict what ‘kind’ of asexual I talk to (e.g. demi-sexual, aromantic, sex-repulsed etc.) or the life stage that people are in, so I am hoping for a fairly diverse set of experiences that may not be covered by everyone answering the same formulation of questions as in a survey.

I have also noticed that previous (published) research is light on interviews. Most empirical studies rely on surveys, and while that is a useful method, I intend to get a different kind of data. Therefore, I believe my research will fill a gap and interviews are required to do so.

To take part please contact ruth.eyles@student.uva.nl

Participants must be 18 or older. 

-----

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

sea-lemon 

Dedicated Research Contact 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if it's still possible to take part in this research? It says masters thesis so I'm assuming yes, unsure if anyone has any more information.

7 hours ago, Palovana said:

Does anyone know if it's still possible to take part in this research? It says masters thesis so I'm assuming yes, unsure if anyone has any more information.

I'm not sure, but if you email the researcher they should be able to tell you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, 

This study no longer requires any further participants. Thanks to all who participated!

Archived