how does it happen with demisexuals?

warta

How your sexual attraction begins?

Is it step by step?

I mean first you get close to the person then you dont have a problem hugging and kissing them then after a while you are happy to cuddle with them (but still disgusted by sex with them)then after a while it becomes sexual little by little ..

Or does happen like a switch

Suddenly you want sex with that person after a close emotional connection?

You see i think my girlfriend is demi

She always tell me that sex with someone other than me is disgusting

Even when she is single it was like that..and she has never been attracted to someone sexually in her life and before we were together she used to get aroused by the act of sex but not with someone (just the thought of penetration and being penetrated)

I honestly always thought she was maybe lying to me (or to herself) because i thought she said so because she knows i am very insecure ..until i found out about demisexuals and find out that it is possible for someone to be like that

But the problem is the experience of demisexuals on the internet is not very compatible with what i think happened with us

She never was suddenly attracted sexualy to me ,it happened naturally little by little the intimacy became sexual 

So this is why i sometime think she is lying to me

I don't think there's just one way in which it happens.

For me, I didn't get close to the person. Hadn't seen her in years, actually. I met her only three times in person, but I couldn't forget her either. And then, quite suddenly, I started having thoughts I never had before.

When I re-established contact, I had to reconcile the idea of the person in my head with the person she actually is. Or rather, abandon the person in my head in order to get to know the person in real life. That was a completely different thing from fantasies. And figuring out real feelings from fantasies is a really hard thing to do, for me at least. In real life, it's more like "yes, I'd like to connect with you on a physical level, if you'd be interested and don't mind my lack of experience". Not a strong urge, so far at least.

5 hours ago, warta said:

She never was suddenly attracted sexualy to me ,it happened naturally little by little the intimacy became sexual

Well, that's what I read from other demisexuals, too. And isn't it to be expected? A bond forms slowly, usually. As the bond grows, the desire to be close to the partner, also on a physical level, grows. And when the partner retires emotionally, the bond weakens, and the desire fades away.

5 hours ago, warta said:

But the problem is the experience of demisexuals on the internet is not very compatible with what i think happened with us

Everyone can claim to be demisexual. And everyone can mean something different by it. I suggest you worry less about other people, and more about how your partner feels. If the words she uses don't express what you would expect, ask her to explain what she means with different words, or adjust your expectations - instead of suspecting her to lie to you.

Meanwhile... have some cake :cake::D

For me it's kind of a gradual progression, but it takes me a while to notice so there's kind of a sudden realisation, like "oh, that's what's going on with me lately." But like everything it probably varies from person to person.

PhoenixSoulstice
On 4/5/2018 at 10:09 AM, warta said:

Is it step by step?

I mean first you get close to the person then you dont have a problem hugging and kissing them then after a while you are happy to cuddle with them (but still disgusted by sex with them)then after a while it becomes sexual little by little ..

You see i think my girlfriend is demi

She always tell me that sex with someone other than me is disgusting

Even when she is single it was like that..and she has never been attracted to someone sexually in her life and before we were together she used to get aroused by the act of sex but not with someone (just the thought of penetration and being penetrated)

I honestly always thought she was maybe lying to me (or to herself) because i thought she said so because she knows i am very insecure ..until i found out about demisexuals and find out that it is possible for someone to be like that

So this is why i sometime think she is lying to me

I was always attracted to the idea of a connection so intense that i desired to be physical with someone, but even when i started having sex, I only ever really wanted it to be with someone i knew, connected with, and trusted. I learned that about myself over time. I develop really close and intense relationships with certain people to the point that thinking about them a certain way is sexually arousing and attractive. I speak very sexual and i have thoughts but it doesn’t mean I actually want to or will have sex with them. I only want to really have sex with the person I am with. I always thought I was different or wrong for it until I started learning about human sexuality and I realized other people do have little to no sex drive and it’s not anything broken or wrong, but simply the mental, emotional, and sensual stimuli gave me sexual attraction. She isn’t lying but sometimes it’s just hard to realize in such a sexualized world that there is a spectrum of people within the asexual community too. Let her find her identity. She sounds like she may be demisexual but it’s not my place to label her. Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

For me it was really slow I guess but felt very sudden. I have only felt sexual attraction to one person. We were friends for years (although we lost contact and had only been back in each others lives a year before we started dating) and dated for 2 1/2. But I didn't feel sexual attraction to him until the last six months we were dating. Just weeks before I started having sexual feelings for him I had finally come to terms with the fact I was probably asexual. So, when I felt sexual attraction to him for the first it was out of no where. 

For me, sexual attraction seems to go the way that kissing did.  Let me explain.

I didn’t get kissing.  It’s literally two people putting their lips together.  I know it has evolutionary benefits—saliva exchange is an excellent way for bodies to vet potential mates—but I had no idea what/why it was fun.  I had a feeling I’d get over it someday though, because... well IDK.  I hoped, I guess.

Fast forward to meeting the first person I fell in love with.  I wasn’t down for kissing at first.  When we started dating, we tried it.  It was just as I said.  Dry lips.  Touching.  Why.  The first month.... Not really a fan.  Third month, okay.  Five months in? Yes, please!

It wasn’t all at once.  We started with closed mouth kisses and moved to other kinds, and it was pretty much a level-up-as-we-go sort of thing.  I had to get used to one kind of kiss before I could work on the next, and it increased in intensity.

TL;DR: Basically, 1.) leveling up affection with partner and 2.) unlocking intimacy skills is gradual.  Skills are not visible until sufficient affection is reached, and require leveling themselves in order to gain desired results.

Mychemicalginger

For me, it's a very gradual thing. Like I've only felt full on sexual attraction once to a guy I dated in my teens who I was convinced I was going to marry at the time. Recently I haven't dated anybody long enough for it to happen (and for me it does HAVE to be with somebody I'm in a relationship with, otherwise it feels weird to think about even kissing them, like I need to feel like they'd be okay with me kissing them before I feel I can do it, even in a fantasy scenario I'm like 'yeaah but they haven't expressed interest IRL so it's weird') 

But I noticed with the last few guys I dated I did get to a point where I was like 'I can kind of see how I may at some point develop

sexual attraction and want to sleep with them...' it will start of like 'I'm having a conversation that makes me want to know them better' and then I talk to them more and more and the crush starts, but it's like 'I'd be okay holding hands with them but kissing is weird' and that's usually where I'm at when the first date happens and I've always been talking to them for at least a couple weeks before the date happens, I kissed a guy on the first date once but I had known him a little bit longer, the romantic connection was a lot stronger and he kind of suprised me with it, like he started leaning in and I went 'ah screw it' and let him but until that point I hadn't even considered it. 

And then I like looking at them more, cuddling more, kisses turn into full-on make-out sessions and I start thinking 'I can see how this attraction could turn sexual now...' and that's as far as I've gotten recently.

12 hours ago, writkit said:

Basically, 1.) leveling up affection with partner and 2.) unlocking intimacy skills is gradual. Skills are not visible until sufficient affection is reached, and require leveling themselves in order to gain desired results.

I used that description on one guy I dated! He was getting a bit frustrated about it (one of the early signs it was never going to work) and I said "you know how in video games as you level up and build up relationships with characters you unlock new traits and perks? Well, that's what sex is like with me. And you have to have a really high approval rating."

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 4/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, warta said:

Is it step by step?

I guess it's ..somewhere inbetween but it always takes a very very long time for me to become physical intimate with someone, so it feels like a slow but gradual process at the end.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, Mychemicalginger said:

I said "you know how in video games as you level up and build up relationships with characters you unlock new traits and perks? Well, that's what sex is like with me. And you have to have a really high approval rating."

That analogy is fantastic! Simply liking your post wouldn't have been enough, I need to quote it :D:cake:

Archived