Everything is a metaphor for life game!

StormySky

I felt this needed to exist, since I interprit mundane things as deep when I'm bored.

The person above you will give you a random noun to make a metaphor (or similie) for life, and you will type that and then provide a new thing for the next person.

Example: Cookies

Life is like a cookie. You could see it as oatmeal raisin, or you could see it as chocolate chip, but you never know unless you take a bite. 

I'll start: The sky

The stars are like the people who guide your way: you may not always see them, but they're still there, giving you support when you need it most.

The ocean

Life's a lot like the ocean. The longer you're in it, the more wrinkly you get.

A mountain.

Platonic Underdog

Some mountains are meant to be climbed, some can be attempted and others you need to not. Life is very much the same.

The desert

Life is like a desert. You may wander for days in blistering heat, feeling like you will die of thirst, but there will always be an oasis to provide relief.

A banana

Duke Memphis

Life is a banana. Most people's approach to removing the bad stuff is misguided, but once you remove the bitter unpleasantness, you're free to enjoy the sweetness within that was meant to be enjoyed.

A crouton

In the salad of the universe, we have our little crunchy existance, small but tasteful.

A rock

We are like breadknives, not that sharp or powerful, but we serve the purpose we need to.

Toaster

Life is like a toaster; too often either too hot or too cold.

A scarf.

1 hour ago, Verb said:

Life's a lot like the ocean. The longer you're in it, the more wrinkly you get.

Can I use this??? It's too good to waste

Vicky Angel

Life is like a scarf: sometimes you are all warm and fuzzy, other times you are hot and uncomfortable.  

A cup of cold chocolate milk 

Duke Memphis

Life is a cup of cold chocolate milk. Some find it sweet, some are intolerant to it.

Candy bar wrapper

A candy bar wrapper is like life: it contains a sweet gift inside, which disappears all too soon.

Homework

IrishArcher

Life experiences are like homework--sometimes unpleasant, but necessary in order to learn.

Laundry

16 hours ago, icyrose said:

Can I use this??? It's too good to waste

I honestly can't take the credit, that joke is older than I am. I first read it here:

Spoiler

1982-05-11.gif

Laundry reminds us of the importance of putting in the work in life. Sure, it can be annoying and fiddly, but if you do it right you're sure to come out smelling of roses.

A cup of tea.

Life is like a cup of tea; not everyone enjoys it, but it's best enjoyed with friends. (idk)

Excercise

Duke Memphis

Life is like exercise. Your opinion of it changes as you go through it.

Sunglasses

Platonic Underdog

Friends are like sunglasses. You gotta got through a few shitty pairs before you find the right ones.

Books

Life experiences are like books. You open one not knowing what you'll find inside or whether you like it or not. But you have to take the risk if you want to improve your understanding of the world.

Piano

Platonic Underdog

Life is like learning to play the piano. You love and hate it, become inspired by and hate it and sometimes love the sound of of someone else's. But it takes time to learn and enjoy the sound of yours.

Horseshoe

Sometimes you gotta throw yourself out there in order to succeed.

Butter

Platonic Underdog

Sometimes life will go smoothly and at other times feel like it's impossible to move through, not unlike butter.

Sword

Responsibility is like a sword; hard to handle, but once you get the hang of it you can take it on with ease.

A flashlight

Platonic Underdog

Mental health is like a flashlight. We start of bright and new and full of light but eventually we dull. But take time to recharge and you light will again flicker to light.

Teddy bears

It may seem like an aggressive animal at first, until you can appreciate the soft moments

Cake

IrishArcher

Life is like a pizza. Everyone starts with the same basic idea, but what toppings you use are up to you.

A sloth

Duke Memphis

Life is like a sloth. It takes forever to get anything important done.

Origami

Archived