Favorite Cartoons

Guest -NULL-

RottenInDenmark
10 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

I'll be honest I haven't seen Avatar The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra because I've never been into element-based powers.

That is totally understandable. The element based powers was not the only reason I watched it. I watched it also for the fighting moves. Since I’m fan of old ninja and karate movies. 

18 hours ago, Ace Ninja said:

I have heard of Over the Garden Wall before but I do not know much about it. Should I watch it? Does it have cool character designs? 

Sorry if this is a bit late. It’s really good, short and sweet with some great character designs, and the music fits so well. It’s lighthearted, but turns dark at times as well. 

Ooooh, I'm glad I ran into this thread!! I love Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, Gravity Falls, Bojack Horseman, Adventure Time, and the Simpsons, and I'm sure I am forgetting a few more. I used to really enjoy ATLA too but never watched the whole thing. Cartoons are the greatest. 

I wish I were caught up on SU though, apparently I'm behind by 2 or 3 episodes because I've been relying on my TV rather than the CN app... :'o The Big Show is the last I've seen, and I want so desperately to find out the gems' reactions to the Off Colors and good ol' pink Lars. What are some of your guys' favorite characters (in SU or in any of your other fave cartoons)? Mine would probably be Connie, Sadie, and Pearl, though it's hard to choose; and for Bojack I am waiting on more character development for Yolanda the axolotl (gotta have that representation, plus axolotls are so cute).

RottenInDenmark
2 hours ago, smittyw said:

What are some of your guys' favorite characters (in SU or in any of your other fave cartoons)? Mine would probably be Connie, Sadie, and Pearl, though it's hard to choose; and for Bojack I am waiting on more character development for Yolanda the axolotl (gotta have that representation, plus axolotls are so cute).

cool . :D i love them all so it's hard for me to choose. (>w<) 

My favourite cartoons are The Amazing World of Gumball, Pop Team Epic ( I think it's a cartoon/meme-anime series now, anyway ) and The Simpsons. I used to love watching Popeye when I was younger and refused to sleep if my dad didn't put it on the TV :blink:

@_DEVIN_ oooh yeah, tawog is so cool to watch! I love that they use so many different animation styles just for different characters, it must take a lot of talented animators to make it look the way it does! Pop Team Epic is pretty new to me, but I've seen clips of it and it looks really interesting. Most of my knowledge about it is completely out of context, but I get the feeling there is no story, just a lot of mini episodes? 

Guest -NULL-
On 4/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, smittyw said:

What are some of your guys' favorite characters (in SU or in any of your other fave cartoons)? Mine would probably be Connie, Sadie, and Pearl, though it's hard to choose; and for Bojack I am waiting on more character development for Yolanda the axolotl (gotta have that representation, plus axolotls are so cute).

@smittywI would have to say that I really adore Pearl and her aspirations in the show. I think that her loss and grief are portrayed accurately and respectfully. I am quite fond of Pearl's sword-fighting skills; I used to be a fencer myself and I hope to continue fencing again in the future. I have similar mannerisms to Pearl and I find her behavior and mentality to be relatable. It is great to have an intellectual and queer character in a Cartoon Network cartoon.

@Ace Ninja Pearl is relatable a lot of the time for me, too. I love that she is so often caught between her logical nature and her love for Steven and the gems. It really shows that she is trying her best to relate to and care for them, even if she doesn't always know how. And the representation that SU has is so great... they handle all different types of characters with respect and never paint anyone as inherently bad/evil, I think that is a good way to look at the world. 

It's so cool that you used to be a fencer!! I am so impressed by people who practice uncommon skills like that. On the opposite end of the Pearl spectrum, I used to take dancing lessons for years, though I was never great at it. Hahah

Guest -NULL-
59 minutes ago, smittyw said:

@Ace Ninja Pearl is relatable a lot of the time for me, too. I love that she is so often caught between her logical nature and her love for Steven and the gems. It really shows that she is trying her best to relate to and care for them, even if she doesn't always know how. And the representation that SU has is so great... they handle all different types of characters with respect and never paint anyone as inherently bad/evil, I think that is a good way to look at the world. 

It's so cool that you used to be a fencer!! I am so impressed by people who practice uncommon skills like that. On the opposite end of the Pearl spectrum, I used to take dancing lessons for years, though I was never great at it. Hahah

@smittywThat was such an eloquent way of describing Steven Universe! It is awesome that you took dancing lessons. I always wished that I had some better dancing skills, even though my family would be the only people who would ever get to see me dance. I think that if I tried dancing, I would want to do solo routines rather than dancing with a partner.:)

I needed some Phys. Ed. credits during college, so I took fencing one semester and ballroom dancing another semester. I enjoyed both. :)

Guest -NULL-
12 minutes ago, daveb said:

I needed some Phys. Ed. credits during college, so I took fencing one semester and ballroom dancing another semester. I enjoyed both. :)

@davebI used to fence quite a bit during two years of my life. I stopped for a period of time, but I want to continue fencing in the future. Congratulations on the excellent physical education choices! :cake:

@Ace Ninja Thanks! I agree, dancing with a partner would be much harder and more awkward than solo, although personally I think it is the most fun to dance with a group of people, so if you are nervous at least there are lots of other dancers feeling the same way! @daveb Ballroom dancing sounds like a good PE credit for sure, maybe if I took lessons on that instead of tap dance I wouldn't be so useless at formal events, lol.

18 minutes ago, smittyw said:

@Ace Ninja Thanks! I agree, dancing with a partner would be much harder and more awkward than solo, although personally I think it is the most fun to dance with a group of people, so if you are nervous at least there are lots of other dancers feeling the same way! @daveb Ballroom dancing sounds like a good PE credit for sure, maybe if I took lessons on that instead of tap dance I wouldn't be so useless at formal events, lol.

I enjoyed it back then, but it's been too long (25 years or so) and I haven't danced since so I've pretty much forgotten everything. I never really have had any chance to do it since the class ended.

@smittywI love how they make use of different animation styles too, I really adore it and its unique-ness. The characters are all sweet and have fleshed out personalities. Even the minor characters have their own lives within the show which is usually forgotten about in most others I've seen! It makes me laugh whenever they bring in a pop culture reference or satire of some sort too.  Also, Darwin is too pure for this world.

At first I didn't understand what PTE was because it's not your everyday show, but it's great! The whole of it can pretty much be taken out of context and you're 100% right- it's a series of really interesting and silly mini episodes that don't really have any point to them, but it just has this way of making you laugh and question what you're doing with your life, as you do. It's weird but In a good way. One of my favourite scenes is this ( it just gets progressively more violent as time goes on ... and that style change is just 10/10 :lol: ) :

Spoiler

Lol, the one ep I remember seeing was with them being infamous criminals, and eventually faking Popuko's death so they can escape. I love that there is no premise, and also they seem to be in a relationship in some scenes? It is pretty cute ^^ @_DEVIN_ And yeah, it's so fun when they dedicate entire episodes of Gumball to background characters you thought were never going to be seen again. Darwin is so adorable, I agree!

RottenInDenmark
1 hour ago, candys said:

Futurama

heck yes! futurama is awesome :D 

@karo32 @candys Have you guys heard of the new show Disenchantment that's going to come out on Netflix? It's made by Matt Groening and has a lot of similarities to Futurama, even some of the same voice actors and showrunners I think.

Unfortunately it sounds a bit dumb, as if it is being done by someone who doesn't know much about the fantasy genre or care.

Oh gosh I don't know where to start. I guess I'll copy paste from a list I made in my About Me lol. Anime counts apparently, so I'mma throw some in here.

Mob Psycho 100

Yowamushi-pedal

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Hunter X Hunter

Gravity Falls

Over the Garden Wall

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Tom and Jerry

This thread is dangerous.

Semiterrestrial Scientist

Some of these are very childish and I’m a little bit embarrassed to admit I watch them.

Dragons: Race to the edge

Voltron legendary defender

7 deadly sins 

Transformers robots in disguise 

Miraculous Tales of ladybug and chat noir

Fairy Tail 

Both avatars 

Soul Eater

Star Wars rebels and clone wars 

Young justice 

Teen titans (not the new one, I don’t like the new one, I like the old one)

Kim possible 

Troll hunters 

ninjago masters of spinjitzu 

The Deep

Skylanders academy 

And sometimes nexo knights

...now that I’m done expressing almost everything embarrassing about me...

3 minutes ago, Syrthia said:

Some of these are very childish and I’m a little bit embarrassed to admit I watch them.

Voltron legendary defender

7 deadly sins 

Miraculous Tales of ladybug and chat noir

Soul Eater

Young justice 

Teen titans (not the new one, I don’t like the new one, I like the old one)

Kim possible 

Troll hunters 

...now that I’m done expressing almost everything embarrassing about me...

Don't feel embarrassed!!! I can't believe I forgot about these ones >_< 

There are so so so many more cartoons and anime that I like that I couldn't remember. In fact I'm being reminded of a few more right now!

Phineas and Ferb

Spongebob Squarepants [older episodes]

Ed, Edd, n Eddy

The Amazing World of Gumball

Adventure Time

Ben 10 [original series]

Powerpuff Girls [original series]

Dexter's Laboratory

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Loony Toons

Animaniacs

I'm sure I'll think of even more later on, but god do I love cartoons.

[can you tell that I was a Cartoon Network baby? lol]

Semiterrestrial Scientist

@darvynXD I almost forgot about these ones:

Phineas and Ferb

all three Ben 10 series

the newer teenage mutant ninja turtles

spiderman 

The Batman 

Ok, NOW I think I’m done

YES I love old Spongebob eps, Phineas and Ferb and og Powerpuff Girls!! I used to watch them all the time. I remember the few times I watched Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends it was really good. And one that hasn't been mentioned, but which I will never grow out of: Chowder!

@darvyn (I was a CN baby too. lol)

To start, you have to go back to 1981 or so where you have Thundarr the Barbarian by Ruby/Spears, a company consisting of two writers from Hannah/Barbera with character designs by the one and only Jack Kirby.  Then jump to the 90s where you have the brilliance of Peter Chung showcased in Aeon Flux, driven by manic action the whole first season had only one episode with any dialogue: a single word "Plop". Then you have the psychotic yet beautiful work of Satoshi Kon, a master of anime who was taken far to early. Finally you have Justice League Unlimited, the best representation of the DCU to ever grace the airwaves. So, those are some of my favorite and I hope you check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Dear lord... I have a ton... Ok No particular order:

Steven Universe

Transformers (80's and Prime)

Invader Zim

Yu-Gi-Oh

Ducktales

Martin Mystery

TMNT (2012...still in the process of finishing it)

Pokemon (specifically the first seasons, though I still watch from time to time)

RWBY

....There are many others but they just aren't coming to my head lol

DazzlingGirl16

My favorite cartoons are Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Miraculous Ladybug, and Sonic the Hedgehog (excluding Sonic X).

The cartoons I watched as a child were Jimmy Neutron, Mickey Mouse (I have a soft spot for Goofy), VeggieTales (as a little girl; I have a soft spot for it), Animaniacs (as a preteen), and Fairly OddParents

(That's all I can remember)

I have so many, but I'm going to limit myself and only say my favourite show of all time... 

RICK AND MORTY!

Archived