Favorite Cartoons

Guest -NULL-

@A.R.B. hahaha Rick and Morty is pretty great :lol: I don't know quite how to feel about the fanbase after the whole Szechuan sauce fiasco... but the show itself I always like to watch.

HAhaha @A.R.B. Szechuan sauce IS so good but I will gladly get it from any other place besides McDonalds. :aven: 

Bronztrooper

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Star Wars The Clone Wars. Rugrats, Spongebob, Family Guy, Futurama, Teen Titans (the original, not the nonsensical 'reboot'), Danny Phantom, Fairly Odd-Parents, Scooby Doo (primarily the older series), Tom and Jerry, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head atm because I haven't seen them in years.

- Avatar The Last Airbender: Legend of Aang
- Spongebob 
- Ao Haru Ride
- Death Note
- Sailor Moon (season 5)
- Dragon Ball Z (older seasons)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest -NULL-

Hey everyone,

Has anyone seen a somewhat newer show called Little Witch Academia. If so, what do you think about the show? 

Any thoughts?

I think that Amanda is a pretty cool character, but I also really admire Diana. Akko is just a silly goof, and I like her as well.

Have a great day everyone,

Ninja :cake:

13 hours ago, Ninja said:

Hey @Shihara ,

KAAAAAAMEEEEEEHAAAAAMEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

That is all I had to say.

Have a great rest of your day,

walks through your kamehameha *kale style* 8)

Bronztrooper
17 hours ago, Ninja said:

Hey @Bronztrooper ,

*Whispers* He's a phantom.

*Guitar riff play in the background*

* whispers * Danny Phantom

RottenInDenmark
22 hours ago, Bronztrooper said:
On 7/5/2018 at 2:35 AM, Ninja said:

Hey @Bronztrooper ,

*Whispers* He's a phantom.

*Guitar riff play in the background*

* whispers * Danny Phantom

Billedresultat for danny phantom gif intro

purpleandgreylife

I don't watch a lot of cartoons now, but I watched a ton when I was younger.

Currently, my favorite cartoon show is Bob's Burgers. It's such an honest portrayal of how a family may operate. The characters are interesting without feeling like they have to do something "special" or have some kind of shtick. They are just a cast of well written characters in interesting story-lines, with organic, yet smart humor. 

Spoiler

Some of the cartoons I like as a kid were:

The Magic School Bus - Educational and fun. I always loved how interesting and outgoing Mrs. Frizzle was. Also, I really liked her outfits. :-) I also appreciated that her class was small and the kids had time to get to know each other organically, without feeling pressured to get along, and there were no bullies. They all shared a love of learning which was refreshing to see, when usually school is portrayed as a place kids are always rushing to get away from, especially in cartoons.

I also really enjoyed the show Recess. It gave a great look at the way that cliques are formed early and how each social group operates differently but basically the same. The characters were diverse without trying too hard to be diverse. Their clique is easily composed of the misunderstood and the outcasts, but their friendships are strong and they are always there for each other. They also never ask each other to change, which is just always a good thing to see portrayed.

Spoiler

Bronztrooper
44 minutes ago, purpleandgreylife said:

The Magic School Bus - Educational and fun.

I also really enjoyed the show Recess.

Oh, yeah, I liked watching those shows too  :P

Guest -NULL-

Hey @purpleandgreylife ,

I almost forgot about the Magic School Bus! I absolutely loved that show. I remember watching episodes repetitively just for fun... maybe that is why I have such an inclination for anything related to science.

Saddest Anime Death:

giphy.gif

Just Kidding.

I definitely just gave this gif the audio that I remembered from the show as I read it.

giphy.gif

Have a great day,

5 hours ago, purpleandgreylife said:

Currently, my favorite cartoon show is Bob's Burgers. It's such an honest portrayal of how a family may operate. The characters are interesting without feeling like they have to do something "special" or have some kind of shtick. They are just a cast of well written characters in interesting story-lines, with organic, yet smart humor. 

I love Bob's Burgers! The characters are so great and relatable, and I think it's because of what you mentioned– they are not the stereotypical, set types of people you often see on TV shows. 

Almost every time someone posts a cartoon here I realize "oh I like that one too"! Maybe we all have equally great taste. :P 

Guest -NULL-

Hey everyone,

I can't believe that I forgot to mention the show Naruto on this topic. Naruto is a really awesome show (and also extremely long lived).

Has anyone else jumped onto the Boruto: Naruto Next Generations train for the next story line? I know that I certainly have. 

2f1bdbeccf24ce82a52b09f7d18e70a4.gif

Handing down the story.

If you have seen Boruto, who is your favorite "new" ninja?

Have a great day everyone,

omg I found my thread...

Bojack horseman

batman beyond

justice league/justice league unlimited

Batman animated series

Young justice 

gravity falls

Those are some of my go to faves out of all of them though bojack or young justice would be my top picks. 

Totally found my #1 thread

Felix the Cat (Trans-Lux)

The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat

Baby Felix & Friends

DuckTales (1987 & 2017)

The New Woody Woodpecker Show

Duck Dodgers

Looney Tunes

The Looney Tunes Show

Animaniacs

Tiny Toons Adventures

The Raccoons (Canadian cartoon)

Katie and Orbie (another Canadian cartoon)

Snagglepuss

Top Cat

Bronztrooper
11 minutes ago, ThunderBirds727 said:

DuckTales (1987 & 2017)

Duck Dodgers

Animaniacs

Oh, hell yeah.  I can't believe I forgot about those.

There's also Pinky and the Brain, Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Codename: Kids Next Door, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Muppet Babies, and (again) a few others I'm trying to remember atm.

Oh, and can't forget Courage the Cowardly Dog

1 minute ago, Bronztrooper said:

Oh, hell yeah.  I can't believe I forgot about those.

There's also Pinky and the Brain, Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Codename: Kids Next Door, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Muppet Babies, and (again) a few others I'm trying to remember atm.

Oh, and can't forget Courage the Cowardly Dog

Oh my gosh! I remember all of those too!

RottenInDenmark
9 hours ago, ThunderBirds727 said:

Totally found my #1 thread

Felix the Cat (Trans-Lux)

The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat

Baby Felix & Friends

DuckTales (1987 & 2017)

The New Woody Woodpecker Show

Duck Dodgers

Looney Tunes

The Looney Tunes Show

Animaniacs

Tiny Toons Adventures

The Raccoons (Canadian cartoon)

Katie and Orbie (another Canadian cartoon)

Snagglepuss

Top Cat

classics :D 

There are so many to chose from. I'm still waiting for Hysteria to make it to video so I can rewatch those. Most recently Bob's Burgers, Venture Brothers and Archer

purpleandgreylife
2 minutes ago, Goonie said:

There are so many to chose from. I'm still waiting for Hysteria to make it to video so I can rewatch those. Most recently Bob's Burgers, Venture Brothers and Archer

@Goonie I love Bob's Burgers too! :cake:

33 minutes ago, purpleandgreylife said:

@Goonie I love Bob's Burgers too! :cake:

I was so not thrilled when they took it off netflix. I would binge watch seasons. I'm not up to date on it. Life gets in the way

purpleandgreylife
2 minutes ago, Goonie said:

I was so not thrilled when they took it off netflix. I would binge watch seasons. I'm not up to date on it. Life gets in the way

@Goonie I would be more okay with them taking it off Netflix, if they would release it on DVD!

I can go to the library and rent the first five seasons of Bob's Burgers without issue (other than possibly having to wait) but they haven't even released season six or seven on DVD! Plus, I'm not always able to watch new one's on Sunday.

I'm seriously considering getting a 30 day trial of Hulu, just to catch up on Bob's Burgers.

56 minutes ago, purpleandgreylife said:

I would be more okay with them taking it off Netflix, if they would release it on DVD!

I can go to the library and rent the first five seasons of Bob's Burgers without issue (other than possibly having to wait) but they haven't even released season six or seven on DVD! Plus, I'm not always able to watch new one's on Sunday.

I'm seriously considering getting a 30 day trial of Hulu, just to catch up on Bob's Burgers.

They took Bob's Burger's off of Netflix???? Where have I been..? Now I will never be able to catch up to the new episodes, noooo!

I know bob's burgers is on hulu now. Probably most people don't have hulu though XD. Yay, for mooching of my roommates hulu, netflix, and crunhcyroll accounts!!

SorryNotSorry

Perhaps one of you out there knows about this one cartoon character I remember from the TV shows of my kidhood?

I think the cartoon was Heckle & Jekyll, or something very like it. There was this hyper duckling who always wore a sailor hat and he'd always look at the camera, laugh loudly and insanely, and walk offscreen. I can't find any images of this character, or any other info on him. Any of you old enough to remember him?

Guest -NULL-

Hello @Woodworker1968 ,

Unfortunately, I do not know about that show. It sounds very obscure. Are there any recorded versions of it that you could find?

On the topic of obscure children's cartoons, there is a weird cartoon called Popee the Performer that features really bizarre plot lines in every episode. I think that all of the episodes of the show are publicly published on YouTube, so you might be able to find the first episodes easily. It is just such a weird show, if I already haven't stressed that enough.

Keep acing it,

Ninja 🍰

Archived