Favorite Cartoons

Guest -NULL-

Guest -NULL-

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in talking about cartoons! I personally have a few favorites that I watch regularly: Steven Universe, Apple and Onion, We Bare Bears, Voltron Legendary Defender, and both of the Avatar (ATLA and LOK) cartoon series. Do you have any favorite cartoons? If so, what do you like about these cartoons; who is your favorite character(s) in the cartoon; what is the best part of the plot of the cartoon? I am happy to chat with anyone about the list of cartoons that I mentioned (if you want to talk to me, an awkward human)! :D

On side notes:

Pidge is an awesome nonbinary BOSS.

Steven Universe has great representation.

I love avatar too! I'm also really into adventure time (I'm childish i know)

Adventure Time can get really deep, and disturbing, sometimes.

I wouldn't call it childish at all.

Hmm,

Bojack Horseman (It grew on me.)

Archer (Although it's been a while)

Gary the Rat

The Venture Bros.

SWAT Kats

For Bojack I have to go with Todd. I love the representation.

For Archer, the whole ensemble is hilarious!

I just love the concept of Gary the Rat, and Kelsey Grammer really brought the character to life.

Just the whole world and all the different characters for The Venture Bros. I have a soft spot for Henchman 21.

And everything about SWAT Kats is awesome!

Over the Garden Wall is definitely  good one. Avatar TLAB is definitely a good one, but I didn’t see much of LOK. Gravity Falls is always a good one. Also Camp camp from rooster Teeth - they’re doing a new one Nomad from Nowhere which is quite interesting so far. That’s just off the top of my head though...

Bojack Horseman is one of my favorite shows ever!

If anime counts as cartoons I like My Hero Academia, Osomatsu san, Mob Psycho 100, and Land of the Lustrous.

Guest -NULL-
Just now, applesaws said:

Bojack Horseman is one of my favorite shows ever!

If anime counts as cartoons I like My Hero Academia, Osomatsu san, Mob Psycho 100, and Land of the Lustrous.

If anime counts as cartoons for this, I like Little Witch Academia and Naruto. I also love all of the Studio Ghibli movies. When Marnie Was There made me cry so much. If the characters weren't related to each other in the way that they are, then Marnie and Anna would be my ideal relationship. (I tried to avoid any spoilers)

I have heard great things about Bojack Horseman but I have not watched it yet! I have also heard a lot about My Hero Academia and Mob Psycho 100.

Thank you for sharing your cartoon interests! Those all sound awesome!

Guest -NULL-
47 minutes ago, Mae__ said:

I love avatar too! I'm also really into adventure time (I'm childish i know)

I don't think that is childish at all! I personally love kids' cartoons because they have innocent comedy that I can laugh at. A lot of kids' cartoons are paving the way in acceptance and some social justice (SU, etc.). I don't watch a lot of cartoons for mature audiences because most of the jokes involve profanities or innuendos.

South Park and Invader Zim. I also like King of the Hill, Family Guy, and older episodes of The Simosons.

Some of my favorite anime are Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, Black Butler, and Durarara.

Guest -NULL-
25 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Over the Garden Wall is definitely  good one. Avatar TLAB is definitely a good one, but I didn’t see much of LOK. Gravity Falls is always a good one. Also Camp camp from rooster Teeth - they’re doing a new one Nomad from Nowhere which is quite interesting so far. That’s just off the top of my head though...

I have heard of Over the Garden Wall before but I do not know much about it. Should I watch it? Does it have cool character designs? 

Guest -NULL-
2 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

South Park and Invader Zim. I also like King of the Hill, Family Guy, and older episodes of The Simosons.

Some of my favorite anime are Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, Black Butler, and Durarara.

Totally awesome! I might watch some of those if I have time!

I love kids cartoons for that reason too! I think the majority of people I know find it somewhat 'childish' though hence why I say that not that I care what they think though haha

Also if anime is included in this then Tokyo Ghoul, black butler, death parade and kiss him not me are my favourites! THERES TOO MANY 

Avatar is a big one, but I also really, really love Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels (can’t wait for what they make next now Rebels is over, my fingers are crossed for Knights of the Old Republic!). There’s also Voltron, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, Spongebob Squarepants...

I also watch anime. Not as much as I used to as a teenager, but lately I’ve slowly been getting through JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure, and I want to finally watch Yuri on Ice at some point.

This is seriously making me miss when I had a subscription to Disney XD now, lol. I even occasionally still watch the new Pokemon shows and really enjoy them. I just find cartoons so enjoyable and fun, and easy to watch - especially compared to how dark and gritty some tv shows are now these days. Sometimes I just want to feel good or get lost in a really good story!

Guest -NULL-
Just now, Mae__ said:

I love kids cartoons for that reason too! I think the majority of people I know find it somewhat 'childish' though hence why I say that not that I care what they think though haha

Also if anime is included in this then Tokyo Ghoul, black butler, death parade and kiss him not me are my favourites! THERES TOO MANY 

I completely understand! Sorry if my previous comment seemed condescending or rude in any way! I recently watched an obscure anime called Revolutionary Girl Utena just for the LGBT representation. I ultimately like the resolution and message at the end of the show, but the plot line to reach that point was really wacky, not to mention subtly sexual. It is just too bad that great shows have to be tainted (in my opinion) with the addition of sexual themes.

Guest -NULL-
Just now, ripley said:

Avatar is a big one, but I also really, really love Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels (can’t wait for what they make next now Rebels is over, my fingers are crossed for Knights of the Old Republic!). There’s also Voltron, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, Spongebob Squarepants...

I also watch anime. Not as much as I used too as a teenager, but lately I’ve slowly been getting through JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure, and I want to finally watch Yuri on Ice at some point.

This is seriously making me miss when I had a subscription to Disney XD now, lol.

Yoooo! I totally forgot about Yuri On Ice!!! That was a great anime with good representation of a supportive LGBT+ relationship! Have you heard any news about a possible season two?

Some cartoons I like that have been mentioned are Steven Universe, Yuri on Ice, and Avatar. I've also been into Miraculous Ladybug and The Ancient Magus' Bride recently. My other ace friend is also into Miraculous so we get to gush about it together. There are some on here I've been interested in watching like Gravity Falls and Bojack Horseman. Hopefully after this semester I'll have time to watch some more shows.

5 minutes ago, Ace Ninja said:

Yoooo! I totally forgot about Yuri On Ice!!! That was a great anime with good representation of a supportive LGBT+ relationship! Have you heard any news about a possible season two?

@Ace Ninja Oh no I didn’t hear about that, but I really hope there is a season two! The little I’ve seen so far of the show is just so lovely, and I’m so glad it was so well loved :’) . I also really wanna watch it because I love watching ice skating too, haha!

Speaking of new seasons though, a friend of mine who’s really big into Free! (the swimming anime) was over the moon when they learnt it was getting another season this summer! 

Also, I should have added above that another favourite show of mine is Sailor Moon. Yet another show I need to catch up on though, I’m so behind the remake! Used to watch the 90’s show religiously as a kid.

3 minutes ago, Ace Ninja said:

I completely understand! Sorry if my previous comment seemed condescending or rude in any way! I recently watched an obscure anime called Revolutionary Girl Utena just for the LGBT representation. I ultimately like the resolution and message at the end of the show, but the plot line to reach that point was really wacky, not to mention subtly sexual. It is just too bad that great shows have to be tainted (in my opinion) with the addition of sexual themes.

No not at all!

I might have to give that one a watch then actually but I agree, it's nice when LGBT is starting to be represented in cartoons but it's a shame because like you mentioned a lot of them have sexual themes sometimes overly aswell! It can get especially bad in anime sometimes! At least they're trying though

Guest -NULL-
5 minutes ago, ShyFeather said:

Some cartoons I like that have been mentioned are Steven Universe, Yuri on Ice, and Avatar. I've also been into Miraculous Ladybug and The Ancient Magus' Bride recently. My other ace friend is also into Miraculous so we get to gush about it together. There are some on here I've been interested in watching like Gravity Falls and Bojack Horseman. Hopefully after this semester I'll have time to watch some more shows.

@ShyFeatherWho is your favorite character(s) in Steven Universe? What do you think is going to happen next in the show? Will we ever see White Diamond? Who really is Rose Quartz? PINK DIAMOND?! Is she still alive? Have you seen the newer Steven Universe episodes that were released on the CN app? I have seen some of Miraculous Ladybug, but I have not watched many episodes. I am waiting until Summer vacation when I will have more time to watch some quality cartoons.

RottenInDenmark

i'm a big cartoon nerd so i want in on this' conversation :D

fav nostalgia cartoon shows

the moomins

animaniacs 

freakazoid

x-men animated serie

many shows on cartoon network during the year 2000 

The last airbender 

as well today

my little witch academia 

Tales of Alethrion (yotubeserie) 

star vs the forces of evil

gravity falls

steven universe

OK K.O

over the garden wall

bojack horseman 

- sure more are gonna pop up  (^^)

Guest -NULL-
5 minutes ago, ripley said:

@Ace Ninja Oh no I didn’t hear about that, but I really hope there is a season two! The little I’ve seen so far of the show is just so lovely, and I’m so glad it was so well loved :’) . I also really wanna watch it because I love watching ice skating too, haha!

Speaking of new seasons though, a friend of mine who’s really big into Free! (the swimming anime) was over the moon when they learnt it was getting another season this summer! 

Also, I should have added above that another favourite show of mine is Sailor Moon. Yet another show I need to catch up on though, I’m so behind the remake! Used to watch the 90’s show religiously as a kid.

@ripleyYo! That is totally awesome! I have watched Yuri On Ice two times already. I just do not like Chris, the overly sexual dude. I think it was interesting to see the dichotomy between the two Yuri's skating programs. In a way it showed the difference between romantic and sexual interest; one is innocent, angelic, and pure while the other is seductive, revealing, and rather selfish. If I had to step out of my comfort zone to tackle a program like Eros-- the exact opposite of me-- I don't think I would have been able to pull it off like Katsuki did. Sorry if I spoiled anything for you!!!

I used to watch Sailor Moon a lot until I was teased about it in Middle School. Maybe I will watch it more and catch up during this summer. I like how the show represents Haruka and Michiru. What is it with the idea that every scout seems to fall for Haruka?! Whatttt...

It is awesome to hear that a new season is arriving soon for Free! I personally don't watch Free! but I used to know a few people who did!

Guest -NULL-
3 minutes ago, karo32 said:

i'm a big cartoon nerd so i want in on this' conversation :D

fav nostalgia cartoon shows

the moomins

animaniacs 

freakazoid

x-men animated serie

many shows on cartoon network during the year 2000 

The last airbender 

as well today

my little witch academia 

Tales of Alethrion (yotubeserie) 

star vs the forces of evil

gravity falls

steven universe

OK K.O

over the garden wall

bojack horseman 

- sure more are gonna pop up  (^^)

@karo32 HECK YEAH! That is an awesome list! I have seen a lot of these, but it looks like I have some more to add to my list of summer watching. :D Do you have any theories for Gravity Falls or Steven Universe? Little Witch Academia was such a great show! SHINY ROD!

RottenInDenmark

@Ace Ninja heck yaa, you too :D i don't have any personal theories on Steven Universe that i didn't hear from someone else. the show seems to still have a long way, so the possibilities are endless. 

i am pondering on why *spoilers* Steven was able to see pink diamonds memories. or smite version of them. like, is she really gone?  (^^)

Relateret billede

Guest -NULL-

@karo32 I think that you are onto something. I was wondering the same thing myself. There is something fishy about Connie and Steven. When Steven gets excited or sees something awesome, he has star eyes. When Connie gets excited or sees something awesome, she has diamond eyes. I wonder why that is significant. *SPOILERS* Also, it is interesting to note that Yellow Diamond is represented by Connie's mother... there might be some symbolism there.

RottenInDenmark
11 minutes ago, Ace Ninja said:

When Steven gets excited or sees something awesome, he has star eyes. When Connie gets excited or sees something awesome, she has diamond eyes. I wonder why that is significant. *SPOILERS* Also, it is interesting to note that Yellow Diamond is represented by Connie's mother... there might be some symbolism there.

Dear lord, Sherlock. you right!! it all make sense!

Billedresultat for conspiracy gif

Guest -NULL-

@karo32 I agree with you about Pink Diamond though, I think she might still be alive. Did you see the new episodes yet? They were released on the Cartoon Network app early. I watched two of them. I won't give you any spoilers, but these next episodes give us some good information. (I don't mean to sound rude or condescending, sorry if this comment seems that way.)

RottenInDenmark

@Ace Ninja no worries :D i might have watch it but i don't get sad about spoilers since i live in danmark and our releases are far behind so i used to smite spoilers from my friends on tumblr ^^

NickyTannock

Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I loved that show as a kid.

Guest -NULL-
3 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I loved that show as a kid.

@MichaelTannockI have seen a few episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog mainly because my younger brother used to watch that. I don't know much about the show; I would walk in on some of the weirdest parts of it.

Archived