i like receiving sexual pleasure but not giving it. where would i fit on the asexual spectrum?

I am unsure if it is my depression, my meds or something else. I do not like giving kisses oral etc but i do like it if someone does it to me as long as they do not give to my mouth, anything below my neck i am ok with. where would this put me in the asexual spectrum?  my mood changes a lot. one second i hate the idea of any of it and even cuddling repulses me, the next id love to cuddle with someone but no sex. then i just want everything?  what does this make me? i am new to the labels for the asexual spectrum and trying to figure myself out more.

Hmm since you say that your perspective of it is different and changes maybe sounds a bit like aceflux?

3 minutes ago, Mae__ said:

Hmm since you say that your perspective of it is different and changes maybe sounds a bit like aceflux?

does that mean it just changes a lot? i have heard if something called aroflux.  do you know  what the difference is between the two?

Yes! Aceflux is when experience of sexual attraction varies over time and aroflux is when experience of romantic attraction varies over time.

3 minutes ago, Mae__ said:

Yes! Aceflux is when experience of sexual attraction varies over time and aroflux is when experience of romantic attraction varies over time.

what would a mix of both of them be?

Knight of Cydonia

Do you feel sexual attraction to others, yes or no? 

Asexuality is not really about sexual pleasure (at least via the typical definition) - you can be asexual and enjoy sex etc, or not get any enjoyment. It's more a question of whether or not you can feel sexual attraction.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Knight of Cydonia said:

Do you feel sexual attraction to others, yes or no? 

Asexuality is not really about sexual pleasure (at least via the typical definition) - you can be asexual and enjoy sex etc, or not get any enjoyment. It's more a question of whether or not you can feel sexual attraction.

i do but very rarely then when i feel it  i do not  want to peruse it. it is more like they look good they look sexy but never thinking of them in a way that i want to do something to them.

Aroaceflux but like Knight of Cydonia said its more about the attraction.

There's a list with ace spectrum definitions it may help you find which definition suits you best but from what you're saying I'd say you sound like you may be somewhere in the gray area of the spectrum

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, uhtred said:

Are you on antidepressants to treat your depression?  Those can completely mess up your sex drive in various ways. 

yes i am on a few along with epilepsy meds and muscle relaxants. I'm a human pharmacy lol

2 minutes ago, Mae__ said:

Aroaceflux but like Knight of Cydonia said its more about the attraction.

There's a list with ace spectrum definitions it may help you find which definition suits you best but from what you're saying I'd say you sound like you may be somewhere in the gray area of the spectrum

thankyou, ill check it out :)

24 minutes ago, Mike- said:

yes i am on a few along with epilepsy meds and muscle relaxants. I'm a human pharmacy lol

In the interest of due diligence it might be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike- said:

I don't know anything about epilesy meds, but I've seen a lot of people complain that anti-depressants have really screwed up their sex drives in various ways.  Its quite common for some antidepressants to completely kill a person's sex drive, but there can be other effects as well.  Unfortunately since sex drive can't easily be measured, few doctors really know much about this. 

I'd suggest googling antidepressants  libido  or something similar. There are a LOT of stories / discussion on this, if not a lot of solid medical research.

I consider this a huge issue. I have no problem with anyone's level of desire, high or low, but that is if it is their "natural" level.  It saddens me to think that there are many people who are made miserable by sexual / libido side effects of drugs intended to cure depression. 

I'm not a doctor, just someone who has been in a lot of discussion groups involving sexual / desire issues. 

Asexuals do not desire giving or receiving any form of sex with any sex/gender. What you describe (in the OP) sounds like just a sexual preference.