Hello!

dkuoburei

Hello guys! Been lurking in the AVEN forums for a couple years, but only decided to create an account now; never been much of a forum person. 21/M from North East England, and the only ace I know irl. I'm an indie games developer, although I spend more time playing games than making them...

A little backstory: In my early teens, I never really understood all the 'sex talk' going on around me, but never gave it much thought. I wondered a lot about my self-identity in my late teens, and came up with the conclusion I was asexual. AVEN really helped me come to terms with my feelings, and reminded me it's OK to be ace :)

Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys!

Welcome to AVEN from another local  :cake:

what games you play?

A game developer? Cool! I have a prototype concept for a game right now, even with some stats for testing! Tell me what you think:

Space Age

There is a campaign with story, endless mode, and custom game mode.

You have battle starships of varying size, with major ships and many smaller ones. You equip weapons and abilities of different types. But the more health and weapons you add, the less powerful they are. Weapons fill slots on different styles and shapes of ships, also, the ships approach each other from the side in 1v1s.

Large ship stats: if you have no small ships, you can have two or one with double health and double weapon slots(10 slots for normal health ships, 20 for extra health ships): 

Hp for rank 1: 100

Hp for rank 2: 125

Pattern continues till rank 5(200 at rank 5).

Dmg for rank 1: +100%

Dmg for rank 2: +75%

Pattern continues till rank 5(+0% at rank 5).

X10 Small ships, X20 or X10 with double health and slots if you have no large ships(1 weapon slots for normal health ships, 2 for extra health ships):

Hp for rank 1: 10

Hp for rank 2: 12.5

Pattern continues till rank 5(20 at rank 5)

Dmg for rank 1: +100%

Dmg for rank 2: +75%

Pattern continues till rank 5(+0% at rank 5)

Weapons:

-5% Dmg per weapon, -25% on small ships.

Plasma cannon: dmg: 5. type: explosive. fire rate: .3 every second. Health: 4.

Laser cannon: dmg: 1 type: single target. fire rate: 2 every second. Health: 4.

Electro cannon: dmg: 2. type: ark(spreads to close targets) fire rate: .7 every second. Health: 5.

Atomic beam: dmg: 5. Type: beam(infinite pierce) fire rate: .3 every second. Health: 5

Abilities: (only one per fleet/large ship, 2 per large fleet/giant ship)

-5% Dmg per ability.

EMP: stuns enemy ship(s) for 5 seconds. 1:00 cool down.

Shield: take no damage for 5 seconds. 1:00 cool down.

Burst: double fire rate for 5 seconds. 1:00 cool down.

Controls: 

joystick for weapons and moving ships, buttons for selection, and tap to move all weapons or ships. Auto aim can have it's priorities adjusted, and can be turned on and off, but is not 100% efficient because it doesn't try to maximize total damage with weapons.

Settings:

Easy: +20% ship stats, -20% rewards. Medium: normal. Hard: -20% ship stats +20% rewards.

Mostly Overwatch, plus a bit of Dishonored, Skyrim and classic Pokémon. And DC Stone Soup, of course.

3 minutes ago, dkuoburei said:

Mostly Overwatch, plus a bit of Dishonored, Skyrim and classic Pokémon. And DC Stone Soup, of course.

I suggest robocraft, it’s a F2P game that is pretty fun.

Welcome from down South! Is it still cold up there :P 

chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-124699-1.j

8 minutes ago, Zenzencat104 said:

I have a prototype concept for a game right now

try https://love2d.org/ if you're wanting to develop it

5 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Is it still cold up there?

of course it is... but it's getting warmer

48 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome from down South! Is it still cold up there :P 

chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-124699-1.j

Cold up here, I thought about putting a jacket on the other day

54 minutes ago, dkuoburei said:

I couldn't get in to overwatch, it felt like TF2 but with magic

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived