Hey everyone!

Shay21

I'm surprised I didn't find a place like this sooner, but here I am! My name is Shalene, I'm 21 years old and will be turning 22 in May. For the longest time, I felt like there was something different about me. Whenever any of my friends would talk about sex or anything sexual, I would always be uninterested and just kind of zone out. I used to think that maybe there was something wrong with me or it was just because I had never been with anyone before. A few years ago, I realized that I was asexual and things started to make sense for me. I only told my parents, my best friend, and a few of my close friends from college. They were so understanding and accepting, which is more than I could probably say for some people.

But then last year I started to feel like there was something else. I was attracted to both men and women, so I assumed I was also bisexual. After researching a little, I realized that I was actually bi-romantic asexual. Right now only my mom and best friend know, but I plan on telling a few of my college friends soon. I have good days and bad, either I feel perfectly fine or I feel alone with no one to talk to who would really understand me. Then I found AVEN and figured I would give it a shot! So I look forward to talking to you guys and hopefully make some new friends!

Platonic Underdog

Hi and welcome to Aven, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 I hope that you enjoy your time here 😊

Welcome! It’s great to hear how supportive everyone was. You’re not alone or broken, you’re you, and you have your amazing friends and family, and now you have us too :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I feel welcome already! 😊

Archived