New To This...

DeleteThisProfile666

DeleteThisProfile666

Hello everyone. I'm just figuring myself out in my 30s so I'm kind of late to this party. I wish I had figured this out earlier in life. The whole topic kind of confuses me. But I'm glad I found this website. I've never been the kind of person who pursued someone for sexual desires. I've always just been like "Hey, let's hang out, watch a movie or marathon our favorite show until we can't keep our eyes open." I don't even know what to say here because I don't know how to really express what I feel. I've been in a couple relationships where my partner was all about sex but I wasn't interested because I didn't want a child. But when I did want one, of course, that's how it's done. I had my kid and since then, I haven't had much of a desire for sex again. I have felt really confused about this for a long time because whenever I do start to get interested in someone, dating and all that, it quickly goes to the topic of what I like to do and arranging a time to meet up for sex. It's at that point that I become completely disinterested in the person. There's so much more to humans than sex and it sometimes angers me to have this happen. Then I get called a flaky person because I "led them on". 

Anyways, I've ranted about myself a bit as a hello and why I'm here. It's great to find all of you and I hope to learn as much as I can through these threads.

Welcome!  34 here so I get the "late to the party" feeling.  Hope you find what you're looking for!

Welcome! You’re not late to the party. These things take time to realise, and most of the resources for asexuality haven’t been around for that long. Take your time, there’s no rush :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

DeleteThisProfile666

Thank you all! I did read through some of the TOS and user guidelines before signing up. I often times have strong opinions but do not want to emotionally harm anyone here. If I do say something that someone finds offensive, I'd hope they let me know! 

I am finding some valuable information here! It's great to finally know that I'm not a freak of nature because I don't find the topic of sex mentally or physically stimulating. That's how I've felt from the time I was 13; the age kids start to get interested in the topic. Now that I'm figuring myself out I'm finding my daughter saying some of the things that I thought about this. She's 8 years old and doesn't really have an education on the topic beyond the fact that nobody has permission to touch her anywhere on her body, from her hair to her toes, if it makes her uncomfortable or if she doesn't allow it. I hope that when she reaches the age where it's appropriate to discuss sexuality that she's not going to be too shy about it with me and that she doesn't get too confused by how she feels about herself. Maybe someday she'll also be here on these forums and active in a community. Whatever is her truth. 

Thank you to everyone who faces their truth about themselves and helps others do the same!

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome! TV and movie marathons until I cannot keep my eyes open is something I love especially with a game of cards and music in the mean time!

SparkyCat13

Welcome! It's never too late to join the party!

Two-tti Fruity Birthday Party: Blakely Turns 2! | Pizzazzerie | Bloglovin’

Archived