Asexual Johnlock Fanfic

Mysteriace

Hey everyone!

So I made this account a couple years ago and honestly completely forgot about it due to crazy stuff in my life. Anyways, I'm going to try to be more active now, but life is still cray, so we'll see.

I wanted to discuss fanfiction. You see, I love it. I love shipping my favourite characters together, I love reading about them, writing about them, all that jazz. And strange though it is, I also really enjoy reading/writing smut about them, as long as it's not boring or repetitive. As long as it means something to the characters and isn't just smut for smut's sake. One of my main ships is Johnlock, which is Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, especially from the BBC Sherlock series. And, yes, I love making them get smutty. Even if, canonically, Sherlock Holmes is considered an asexual. In my mind, in most cases, I view him as demi- or grey- to excuse the amount of smut I place before him, which I consider as still making him completely valid, even if I don't write out that he's demi/grey.

However, I'm working on a particular fanfic right now, just a one shot, that is Sherlock Holmes in all his asexual glory. About him and John coming together and working with that, no sex involved yet still being very romantically and intimately involved. Because, as we all know, intimacy does NOT equal sex only. This fanfic may actually be a bit triggering for some as I am using it as an excuse to educate the masses about asexuality and the different types of asexuals there are. e.g. sex accepting, sex repulsed, etc.

This means, of course, that certain insulting things might be said, or certain mind frames presented, things that we as asexuals tend to deal with whenever we try to open up about our sexuality. Acephobic type things.

I'm not trying to sound too preachy in it, and it's mostly just a study in asexuality more than an actual fic, using Sherlock internally discussing his fears about John giving up due to the lack of sex, but I wanted to try to use it as kind of a beginner's guide to asexuality. Obviously it will not be in depth and won't cover everything, but I thought it might be fun to write.

If I manage to finish writing this story, would anyone be interested in the link to it? It would be on AO3 (Archive of Our Own). I know fanfic in general and Johnlock in particular isn't for everyone, but I just wanted to let the community know what I was up to. :)

If you have any thoughts on this, let me know. <3

Forgotten Fox

Did someone say fanfiction?  You have gained my attention! :D It's very entertaining for me to read and it's always lovely to see good shipping stories of the fav pairings. Johnlock is included and an Ace! Sherlock is always a bonus for me so reading a story (Even if it's just a oneshot) like that sounds fun. Leave a link when you're done and I'll be sure to give it a read and also welcome back to Aven! 

Hello! And thank you!

If you don't mind sex in fanfic, I have two short stories already written on AO3, though sex isn't a big part of them. (One I may do a smut sequel but we shall see.) Both are Johnlock. One is a blog post with reference to sexy times, and the other is Sherlock getting a bit handsy at the end but nothing really happening. The link to my profile is found under ladyxdarcy for future reference.

I'm not quite sure when I'll get around to finishing A Study in Asexuality (what I am titling it) as I have an essay due in a couple days I haven't started yet, and a party this weekend that is going to cut into my writing time, but I hope to have it finished sometime next week.

Hello everyone.

So I made a previous post about how I was working on a BBC Sherlock fanfic for the pairing of Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, or Johnlock as their ship name is, about how Sherlock is asexual but worried that their lack of sex will eventually drive John away. I just finished it, which was harder than anticipated due to the personal emotional connection I have with this story. It contains quite mature content, and potentially triggering with Acephobic words. If you are interested and decide to read it, please read tags carefully. There is no smut, obviously.

A Study in Asexuality - by ladyxdarcy

On 3/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, Forgotten Fox said:

Leave a link

Link left ;)

I merged the two threads about the fanfic. Can we please keep conversations on this limited to one thread for Index purposes? Thank you

Faeriefate, WW moderator

On 3/27/2018 at 10:25 AM, FaerieFate said:

I merged the two threads about the fanfic. Can we please keep conversations on this limited to one thread for Index purposes? Thank you

Faeriefate, WW moderator

Yeah sure no prob. 

Archived