Hello

Ragonolf

Hello,

I'm Ragonolf. I'm Asexual Aromatic and I've figured out that I was 3 years ago.

I came out to my friends about 6 months ago. When I did my friends didn't understand and were very judgemental against me after that. Most of them stopped talking to me and no longer wanted to be around me anymore. It hurt a lot and I felt like something was wrong with me. So after that I did some more research and found out more about myself.

I still don't have many friends but I come to accept who I am now that I understand more about it, but I feel I have a lot I can learn yet. 

So that's my story. 

I look forward to meeting new people and I hope I can make friends here.

Platonic Underdog

Hi, welcome and have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 I'm sorry your friends treated you like that. But it's awesome that you're accepting of yourself now 😊 I hope that you enjoy your time here on Aven 

Welcome to AVEN :cake::cake: I'm sorry your friends were like that towards you, you deserve better! 

It's a good thing that you've accepted yourself and we'll all accept you to! Hopefully you find people you can get along with here :) 

Elluna Hellen

Hello there, welcome to AVEN! :cake::cake:  You deserve much better than those "friends". Glad you accept yourself! :)

Yaaaay :D Another Canadian, I see :P And aromantic/asexual on top of that. I've never really come out to a lot of friends. I explained it as I was figuring it out to one group, and the LGBTQ-savy ones were really excited, supportive and helpful and then others kind of didn't seem to care. I'm not in as close contact with that group, and I got the impression that the uncaring ones never actually understood that this was important to me and it was more "she's just saying she's never liked anyone yet, why do I care again?" That was a little frustrating. I've found that its often easier to not explain yourself unless you really think they'll understand or at least care about you enough to try.

But yeah, welcome :D Lots of cake to you!

Related image

Welcome! Those “friends” of yours clearly didn’t care enough to give you the time of day. You’re a lot better off without them. As someone whose had a lot of toxic friendships, I can honestly say that having a small group of very close, trustworthy friends is so much better than having a lot of “friends”. You’re an amazing person, and you deserve happiness. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise :) 

Homemade+Rainbow+Birthday+Cake.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived