Research Participation Request: Investigations into the neural underpinnings and biological correlates of asexuality

Sea Lemon

This request is from Sonia Milani at UBC Sexual Health Laboratory:

We are currently recruiting for two studies:

1. TRACE Study:
- recruiting asexual and heterosexual people in the Greater Vancouver, Canada area
- study involves a brief telephone interview to assess eligibility, an online questionnaire package, as well as one in-laboratory assessment measuring eye movements (at Vancouver General Hospital)

2. BRACE Study:
- recruiting people who self-identify as asexual, bisexual, homosexual, or heterosexual 
- large-scale, international study
- study involves completion of an online questionnaire package

We provide an honorarium to compensate participants for their time and eligible participants can participate in both studies.

Adverts including contact details:

Online study (BRACE)
Cognitive processing study (TRACE)

Please contact the researchers using the details from the advert. 

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

sea-lemon 

Dedicated Research Contact 

On the BRACE advert, the link to their 'lab website' was broken for me. Correct link is http://brottolab.med.ubc.ca/studies/ if anyone else wants it. I found it maybe a bit too funny how they've structured all their research titles to make such nice acronyms.

10 minutes ago, Baam said:

On the BRACE advert, the link to their 'lab website' was broken for me. Correct link is http://brottolab.med.ubc.ca/studies/ if anyone else wants it. I found it maybe a bit too funny how they've structured all their research titles to make such nice acronyms.

Oh, thank you for catching that! :)

• 2 weeks later...

With the link fixed, it looks OK.

Although I understand about vision requirements, why no left-handed peeps?

Divide By Zero
On 4/2/2018 at 8:28 AM, Kelly said:

With the link fixed, it looks OK.

Although I understand about vision requirements, why no left-handed peeps?

Maybe lefties have different eye movements?

Divide By Zero

And thanks for providing the link to the research. It's great that research is being done into asexuality and sexual orientation. Maybe it'll provide some insights into why we are the way we are.

Archived