Help doing a talk on ace/aro visibility! youth workshop

Lanekid21

hello! me Lane again ^^ I'm doing a talk about Asexuality and Aromantic identities. including the need for ace visibility. I have a nice list so far but thought i would ask to see what you guys think i FOR SURE need to make sure to talk about. i want to mention "Corrective rape" because i don't know about you but people in the past have tried to some what "fix" me by doing things of that nature. so if anyone knows more about that and can help me think about how to talk about that it would be much appreciated. ^^  i want to do 2 talks "ace/aro 101" and then talk about the more sexual side, i don't know about you but i am pretty sex positive lol and want to bring to light that it's ok to be ace and sexual if you want to be it doesn't mean you're not "ace enough" or something like that. Thanks ~Lane

Maybe you could talk about different types of attraction? Or myths about asexuality/aromanticism?

Hey Lane, 

I'm putting together an Asexuality 101 resource for my organisation. While it's geared towards mental health professionals, I'll be happy to send you a copy of what I've got so far if you PM me your email. You should be able to get some things out of it!

Archived