hi i am here now lol

miacor5

hi I am new...my name is mia ..I just found out I am a sexual...........I'm 53 years old.so u can imagine my surprise to find out I'm not alone in the world and nothing is really wrong with me......you have no idea how this feels...im so happy I keep crying .ive had a  lonely and miserable  relation after relation because I cant really stand sex at all..and  never knew what was wrong with me until I found out I was a sexual...im a great kisser..ya kinda have to be to be able to make up for not getting much...I'm not saying I never had sex just saying I am not a fan.....ive been married 3 times all ended with him cheating...it hurts but I understand why they did it I guess..ive lived in three countries...Ireland spain and now I,m in USA..I think I am a great catch lol...I love to laugh and if u cant laugh at stupid stuff or at yourself we wont be a match...I am very versatile,,,probably cuz I'm a libra ..up and down... yes then no... but I'm always fair.....I was a dancer, model, in the us army, gentlemen's club bar manager, ive done it all lol..  :) but now I'm done working and enjoying my life...alone which can be lonely sometimes......I do like myself so I can be alone....but...I would like to meet some new people to get to know who are like me,,,.I cant wait to meet you and begin new friendships....thankyou to the people who put this site up!!! more to know about me when we meet :)

Platonic Underdog

Hi and welcome to Aven, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 you'll definitely meet people like yourself here 😊 we have people of all ages who have learned about asexuality at different points in their lives. I hope you enjoy your time here 😊

Hi Mia 😁 feel proud to be one of the first people to welcome you here (here's some cake 🍰🍰🍰)

I'm so happy for you that you found out about asexuality and figured yourself out. I understand how much of a relief it is to finally realise that you're not broken or weird and that there are other people like yourself out there. This is one of the friendliest websites I've come across with amazing people to give you advice, to listen to you or for pretty much anything.

I'm sorry to hear about your past relationships though, there's still no excuse for your ex partners cheating on you. 

If you're ever feeling lonely or have any questions about anything, there's always people here to speak to, including myself. 

So happy for you Mia 

🍰🍰

WinterWanderer

Welcome!! :cake: I'm glad you found us!

It's a great feeling to figure out that there is nothing wrong with you, and that there are others in the world who feel the same way as you do.

I hope you enjoy your time here! 

thank you...I'm nervous and scared at the same time..............I took the bandaid effect and ripped it right off and plastered it on my facebook account,...who knowa there might be someone I know .....ive always hated the dating scene but this is so different I'm excited..theress no expectations and that is the bihggest fear of all! ....

Welcome! That’s very brave of you to come out of Facebook. If you want to meet people you could always look up your local area on the Meetup Mart :) 

artdeco.JPG

Welcome, have some cake :cake:

I was wandering around in the relationships forum and there you can find a list of dating websites for asexuals. One of the random ones I clicked on talked about companionship for activities like a hike or going to the theatre. So there are ways to find and make connections with like-minded people for something other than a sexual/romantic relationship. I hadn't even really thought I would ever have the opportunity to be in a relationship of any sort until I found this place and that there were others who were looking for platonic relationships.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived