Demigirl or just different

Acesneedspaces

Acesneedspaces

Hi! I'm afab and I'm mostly fine with that. However, i prefer an androgynous presentation most of the time: short hair, more neutral-looking clothes when possible, etc. My breasts also bother me when they're visible. I feel like i am female but i don't like being seen that way as much?

I use female rooms because i feel more comfortable in there and it doesn't bother me.

I use she/her pronouns but i might like to try they/them if there was a way to try them with no obligation or explanation.

I've been reading definitions and i think demigirl could fit but I'm not entirely sure?

Also, is it possible to feel dysphoria but not be trans*?

It is possible to be cis and be uncomfortable/dysphoric about your body.

Keep in mind that presentation doesn’t equal identity. It’s possible that you’re cis with a neutral/androgynous presentation. But I’m also not saying you couldn’t be a demigirl either.

http://www.pronouns.failedslacker.com/

Maybe this^ could help for the whole trying out pronouns thing.

Maybe ask yourself why you don’t like “being seen that way”. Is it because you feel it’s because you’re not (fully) a girl. Or is it the sexualization/objectification of the female body that makes you uncomfortable?

Acesneedspaces
17 hours ago, ReyGraves said:

http://www.pronouns.failedslacker.com/

Maybe this^ could help for the whole trying out pronouns thing.

That was very helpful; thank you.

17 hours ago, ReyGraves said:

Maybe ask yourself why you don’t like “being seen that way”. Is it because you feel it’s because you’re not (fully) a girl. Or is it the sexualization/objectification of the female body that makes you uncomfortable?

That's a really good question that i need to reflect on, because it seems like a little bit of both. I do feel uncomfortable for those reasons, and maybe a little bit like that doesn't fit because I'm ace and there's a little bit of not thinking i should be seen that way because of my (a)sexuality rather than my gender? However, i don't know if that reason covers everything for myself or if there's other things too.

It's really something you should explore and see what you find comfortable. I experience some dysphoria, and I identify as non-binary, so it is not exclusive to being trans*. Take your time and discover an identity that feels right for you. :)

Archived