Confused

Hi all, this is my first time posting and I hope I'm putting this in the right place.  And I'll apologise now for any over share, and I'm incredibly embarrassed to even be sharing anything like this, but I'm really confused, so here goes.

I'm twenty five and have never had any kind of relationship.  Apart from the odd crush at school I was never interested in boys and relationships like my friends, I kind of always used to just think "what's the point".  But then as I got older and still haven't felt anything for anyone or have any inclination to want to go out with anyone, or been attracted to anyone, I've started to wonder why.  I'd not had sex either but was at least curious after listening to my friends, so I started seeing someone last year, I wouldn't call it a relationship, because I felt nothing for him.  We had sex a few times and I literally thought "what's all the fuss about sex for?"  It was like I was literally thinking "when will it be over" as nothing seemed to turn me on, it was like I was only going through the motions.

We went our separate ways and since then if I even try to think about anyone in a sexual way, or think about having sex again or even kissing anyone, I feel sick and repulsed by the idea.  Up until I actually had sex I could masturbate, but I have no inclination to want to do that anymore, and even the thought of that isn't appealing either.  I don't know why this is, or if it's normal.

That was my reaction to sex too.  It was boring and no where near the amazing experience everyone said it was.  You're definitely in the right place.  I hope this forum helps.  You'll probably find a lot of stories similar to yours.  Good luck figuring things out!

• Like 1

Hi @hward! It's normal to feel confused, but please know that your feelings are valid. It's okay to not care about sex, it's okay to not experience sexual attraction, and it's okay to not experience romantic attraction. You don't have to fit into anyone's definition of 'normal', because whatever you are feeling is normal for you. 

I hope you have a great time on AVEN, and I know you'll meet lots of people who feel the way you do! Here's a slice to cake to celebrate :cake:

• Like 2

Thank you so much!  It's a relief to know that I'm not broken and it is still "normal".

• Like 1

@Galactic Turtle First of all: stellar name. Second of all: I love this concept! It definitely is rewarding being able to find confidence through this website. We aren't alone, regardless of us being far apart from one another! 💪

EDIT: so sorry, no clue how or why but the website glitched and put my reply on this other post

In relation to this post: that's super normal, I've felt that way too! The repulsion sucks but it's who we are, I guess.

• Like 1
Purple Wanderer

Always amazes me how many of us tried sex just because it seemed like the thing to do. 

• Like 4