Thank you for helping me w/my ACE husband

Mary Lambert

Mary Lambert

Hey, for all of you who responded to my topics in the last couple of days.  Thank you. You are a blessing to me. After hashing it out on this sight, and getting the great support and advice, I just called him and told him how much I love him. I told him that up until this week I thought he was gay, but now I get it. I thought he was sleeping with other gay men, but now realized he hasn't been. Yes, I imagine sex will still be weird, wrong, unfulfilling if even existent, but I no longer fear a disease from him if that should happen. As much as I am attracted to other men, I stand to loose so much if I continue down this path. Yes, frustration is ahead. Yes, anger is still ahead, but hopefully less anger and much more understanding. I am sure I will reach out to you again in the future, because this thing does not go away. He says he would be jealous if I was with another guy and I cannot say that will not happen someday down the road, but for now I want to by happy with him and enjoy the fruits of our labor and raise our children. I am tired of my preoccupation with this and want to get on with my life. I will still seek to look my best and get the approval of other men, but that makes me happy since I cannot get that from my husband and I do not make an apology for that. Y'all have been an oasis of great support for me.  P.S. It has been over a year since we had our emotional divorce and we have remained living together. It has been uncomfortable to say the least. Hopefully things will get better from here on and I owe it to y'all. Love you all. :) 

Why are you holding on to this marriage if your uncomfortable and sad ? Is it just for the sake of your children ? If yes, i think you should reconsider .

Good luck !

Mary Lambert
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, lazypanda said:

Why are you holding on to this marriage if your uncomfortable and sad ? Is it just for the sake of your children ? If yes, i think you should reconsider .

Good luck !

Because, I am 50 years old, have 2 great kids and a man who loves me more than anyone ever will. Yes, it has it's hard parts, but I cannot crush me children or my husband. I don't think I would be happy hurting them. I see myself as very lonely and sad without them. It's easy to say hey just get out of the relationship, but my life is so stellar in all the other ways. Not many guys out there that are worth it.  Trust me I've been out there, got married at 35. Dated a lot. :) Blessings to you.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

@Mary Lambert, thanks for sharing your story here, I'm glad you can see all the positive things in your relationship with your ace partner and that they are worth something to you. sounds like you have something that on balance is more valuable than the loss of sex. So, I wish you every happiness.:D:cake:

Archived