Do you enjoy sports?

Kll

Sports?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are you on the ace spectrum you like sports?

• I am and I do
    • I am and I don’t
    • I’m not ace :p

This poll is closed to new votes

This is just a silly question I have because I have a hunch that ace’s dislike/are apathetic to sports at a higher rate then the population at large. This is a totally baseless theory and could very well be totally wrong, I just know that I generally don’t care for sports, lol.

for the purposes of this poll I mean the more physical team competitive sports everyone makes so much fuss about like basketball and US football and regular football/soccer and hockey etc. So, the spelling bee for example would not count even if it’s aired on espn.

Platonic Underdog

Never did like sports. Although that could have more to do with the fact I somehow was always the one kid to get injured during them. I just did not have good coordination. Plus watching them bored me to tears 😅

Don't care for sports.

I enjoy watching MLS soccer (moderate fan) and football (casual viewer).  Liked playing tennis and soccer as a kid.

I do find sports can be really boring if there's little skill or strategy.

I can't see a reason for a difference unless someone was turned off by a sport because of the fans / society around them.  For example Brighton fans sometimes will be chanted at for being gay because there is a large lgbt community there. That sort of stuff will effect peoples love for a sport. 

blunose2772

I enjoy watching Hockey but as for playing sports, no.

I love to watch American football and basketball. As far as playing, team sports not so much, individual sports yes.

I don’t like most sports. Swimming is nice though, because you can exercise and clear your mind at the same time, it’s quite relaxing.

I love sport. Not all sports, but I love events like The Olympics. I am 24/7 glued to the TV when it's on. I was relatively athletic growing up but ever since graduating high school I've been more of a spectator rather than a participator.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Watching sports? No, not at all. It's boring as heck. Playing sports? It depends on the sport. Most of them I have no interest in, but some can be really fun, especially if they're unconventional.

So in general I'd go ahead and say no.

I've always loved sports. I played handball for seven years, and only quit because the coach was an arsehole. I still love watching it and go to matches whenever I can. I watch other sports as well, but handball is the only one I'm truly passionate about. 

I prefer to take part rather than watch sports, I played football for many years, well, until I had to give up for health reasons, I also took part in rowing, never on competitive level as if I'd have capsized, I'd have been screwed as I can't swim, I have completed a couple of marathons and some half marathons, due to my job, I haven't been able to do anything like that for years as I worked odd, long hours, now I just get chance to go to the gym again which is just as well as I'm carrying a lot of excess weight again.

I do like sports but mainly solitary sports like jogging, biking long distances or hiking, which are fun with family or friends but don't require teams. I like badminton and ping pong too, but I don't particularly like any team sports (bad balance and focus).

Not much into watching them, although the occasional tennis / football match may be fun. And I don't get excited over who wins or who loses, for me they are teams of players, not countries, and idc who wins as long as it's a fair game.

everywhere and nowhere

Why so specific about what sports you may like so that it counts?

I completely don't like soccer, basketball, volleyball etc. I generally don't like team sports. But I really like some others, such as ski jumping. I don't watch TV at all, but I'd be willing to go to a competition again (I have been to several competitions and even training camps in ski jumping and Nordic combined), preferably a women's competition because men's ski jumping is so mainstream and women's right to practice ski jumping is political.

I also enjoy practicing sports myself - skiing (downhill and cross-country), very simple ice-skating, cycling, a bit of bodybuilding...

The odd thing about my way of watching competitions is that I always tend to support the "outsiders". I'd greatly support Australian ski jumpers (there is an immigrant from Slovenia very eager to develop ski jumping there, but so far he hasn't been successful), but never Australian swimmers because I hate dominance. I even have "unsportly" thoughts that there should be an informal good practice of resigning after a certain number of victories - just to Give Others A Chance. :)

Grumpy Alien

I’m not ace and I HATE sports

Ace aro and I like some sports. Big American Football fan, but like watching F1, Rugby, Ice Hockey and Basketball but I'm not like super experts at them ("go team" kinda guy but will favour a team in 1 way or another). I also played American Football, and still coach it and play flag football. Don't like the fitness aspect of sports though :P

I enjoy watching sports like volley or ski jumping, but I'm pretty much allergic to physical activities myself.

I enjoy playing sports myself but I get bored just watching it 

For me personally(and I'm on the asexual spectrum), I was an equestrian(First taught in Western, but then trained in English) but  for about 7 years and I watch Horse Racing whenever I can. I honestly miss riding so much, I just wish that I had time to participate again! I've been out of the sport since 2016. I like baseball as well.

Regards.

Rosendust

WinterWanderer

I'm ace and I voted that I don't like sports. There are some sports that I like to watch when they happen to be on  TV. Like hockey and winter sports. But I don't have a vested interest in them.

I don't like sports.  My guess is that more people on AVEN will dislike sports not because aces in general dislike sports, but because people who spend their time online are less likely to be playing sports.

Knight of Cydonia

Ace and a huge fan of Canadian Football. As for other sports, not so much, but that's probably because they all just pale in comparison ;)

Anomaly Q3Xr

I'm ace and don't care for any sport.

Major sports fan, when younger I used to play football ⚽ and rugby as well 

Big fan of motorsport (especially F1, IndyCar and Formula E), and I also really like hockey. The rest... not so much. I actively dislike American football, although that's likely at least in part a negative association from where I grew up (college town, given to sport-based riots and such).

As far as playing sports goes, I never got the opportunity as a kid, but I kart when I can and I also do historical martial arts, though I'm not sure if either of those are something you're counting. I'd like to play hockey, but realistically, I'm probably too small. Still would give it a try if I knew enough other people, though, and I'd probably enjoy playing most sports to some extent even if I don't like watching them, because I generally like doing active things.

So yeah... I spend most of my free time roleplaying or computer gaming, but I do like some sports, some quite a lot.

Archived