Hello!

WalmartKitty

WalmartKitty

So, uh, hello all! I've just arrived, and I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm afraid ahah. I suppose I ought to introduce myself?

Well! I amuse myself by going by the username WalmartKitty, but please feel free to call me Wally for short! I figured out about two years ago that I'm aroace, and so here we are. I found the AVEN community around that time as well, and it was a resource that helped me tremendously while trying to figure everything out. Although, as you can see, I only just now created an account. Heh, I've never had the best track record when it came to keeping up with these types of things. However, one thing that I've realized lately as I barreled through life, was that I've never been actually involved in the community. I don't know anybody else who identifies like I do, neither offline nor online. On a whim, I decided that I wanted to change that (I like to think I make my best decisions when I don't overthink it lol). So here I am.

I hope that y'all don't mind my presence too much, because I'd hate for all this effort to type this to have gone to waste ;P Seriously though, I'm looking forward to hanging around and meeting all of you. So, I suppose I'll see y'all around! I'm off to get more comfortable with how the site functions!

Platonic Underdog

Hiya Wally, welcome to Aven 😊 have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 I hope you enjoy your time here, I actually joined to get to know people like myself as well 😊

WalmartKitty

Hi, and thank you! ^^ Cake will always be welcomed

I'm sure I will, and it's certainly good to hear that I'm not the only one! (:

Platonic Underdog

You're certainly not. I remember when I discovered the term ace aro and realised that it wasn't just one of my "quirks", I was just like "MY PEOPLE!" and have enjoyed learning more about it and talking to people like me 😊

Welcome! I’m sure you’ll make lots of wonderful friends on here, and maybe offline too if you check out the Meetup Mart :) 

rich-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cake-85

WalmartKitty

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all! ^^ I genuinely appreciate it.

And thank you for the suggestion, Lichley! I'll be sure to check it out!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

WalmartKitty

Thank you so much, Lia!! These definitely seem helpful. I'll be checking them out shortly!

blueheroness

Welcome!!  Its great you are here. I hope you find lots of support and fun while you are here. I know I do!  ☺

Archived