Hello, I am new here

Dr. Beat

Hello! 

I am apparently asexual. I think I have been like this for my entire life, but only recently found a word for it. I have never been attracted to anyone sexually and am slightly repulsed by the idea. It's cool for everyone else, but not for me. I am, however, romantically attracted to people. At this moment, I believe I'm only attracted romantically to guys. I am in my university marching band. I have played the alto saxophone for over a decade. I also enjoy cartoons, electroswing, video games, and the horror genre. Thanks for accepting me.

Platonic Underdog

Hello and welcome to Aven, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 😊

Hello and greetings new friend! Glad you found us and happy to get to know you! Have some cake for being awesome! 

Related image

Welcome! What kind of cartoons are you into?

chocolate-truffle-cake-dark-chocolate-ca

12 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! What kind of cartoons are you into?

Thanks! I really enjoy old classic ones such as Looney Tunes, black and white Disney, Fleischer Bros. Studios, and Tex Avery's work. I also enjoy some modern stuff like Steven Universe. Also, is it a thing to give people cake here? I'm very new and don't really know much about the culture.

If you had to choose: sex or cake? For us, cake is always better! 

3 hours ago, Dr. Beat said:

Thanks! I really enjoy old classic ones such as Looney Tunes, black and white Disney, Fleischer Bros. Studios, and Tex Avery's work. I also enjoy some modern stuff like Steven Universe. Also, is it a thing to give people cake here? I'm very new and don't really know much about the culture.

It’s a welcoming thing, after all what welcomes someone to a community better than a cake made especially for them? :) 

3 hours ago, LouiseHope said:

If you had to choose: sex or cake? For us, cake is always better! 

3 hours ago, Lichley said:

It’s a welcoming thing, after all what welcomes someone to a community better than a cake made especially for them? :) 

Oh I see! Thank you very much.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!(sorry that I'm welcoming you AFTER already responding to your other topic, I feel so rude!)

2 minutes ago, A.R.B. said:

Welcome!(sorry that I'm welcoming you AFTER already responding to your other topic, I feel so rude!)

naw you're okay. Thanks!

Biblioromantic

Welcome! Yes, there's apparently a whole fable that goes along with the cake. You can read about it on AVEN's website, or maybe it's in the Welcoming 101. But generally, it comes down to this: Whenever someone asks an asexual what could possibly be better than sex, the answer is always CAKE! :D :cake::cake::cake:

Archived