Hello

Donna1970

Hi, I'm Donna  :) 

im not very good at introductions sorry.

Im English age 47 a mum of 4 grown up children and 1 grandson.

It's only recently realised I'm not totally weird and am not the only woman in the world who doesn't want sexual relationships!

Ive gone from one extreme to the other over the years, in other words being very promiscuous and overly sexual to cringing just thinking about it . A lot of it has to do with past issues I think (sorry if I'm not supposed to say that) it's taken me a life time to learn how to say no and avoid anyone who wants anything from me and age 47 that's a pretty long time lol.

Im a bit confused and sometimes a little sad because I would like to have some sort of a relationship with a man but at the same time I'm not good at them , my last relationship was extremely abusive and I vowed never to have one again..but 6 years on after having some me time I get lonely and wish I had something special with someone but without the sex and not too much touchy feely stuff. People , men in particular think I'm cold, messed up and just plain weird when I've tried to explain things to them. But to be honest I am a bit messed up when it comes to sex and relationships.

i don't really have much confidence and don't know where or how I could even begin to meet people like me.

Anyway sorry for wittering on ..I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to say!

Hi Donna, welcome to AVEN! I'm very happy you found us here. It can be difficult navigating relationships without a sexual component given the priority society places on those types of relationships but I promise you it's completely possible if that's what you want. 

For the record, you're definitely not weird or alone in not wanting a sexual relationship. I hope you have a good time here. There are a lot of resources and information available.

Welcome. :cake:

Donna, you are not messed up and you are certainly not cold! It can be hard trying to find the right someone who understands you, just know that you're not alone. Welcome to AVEN :cake:

Welcome! You’re not alone, or broken, or weird, you’re perfect just the way you are, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise :)

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived