Am I Demigirl or Just Confused atm?

The Roomba Chicken

The Roomba Chicken

So I was born female  and am pretty androgynous (hope that’s the right word) and I absolutely hate dresses and the usual “girly” things (I know this doesn’t really matter but I felt it needed to be added). I feel feel female but also I don’t really feel connected to that gender... I definitely do not identify as male but I often find myself wishing I was something other than a girl. I don’t feel dysphoric ever but I know trans* people usually do. I read a lot of trans* stuff and feel I strongly relate to it but can’t really place why. Demigirl has always been in the back of my mind...

if you have any questions that could help you help me, I’ll gladly answer them! I’ve left stuff out coz I’m tired and my brain isn’t functioning so apologies!

Celyn: The Lutening

Definitely sounds like demigirl to me, particularly in light of not being dysphoric. Or you could just be a tomboyish cis girl, and that's OK! Remember presentation isn't the same as gender. Good luck figuring things out, and just remember labels aren't important, what's important is your happiness :) 

I'm with @Celyn on gender identity and gender presentation being two separate things. I am personally a cis woman that presents in a fairly androgynous way but it doesn't change that I psychologically experience my gender as female. At the end of the day you're the only one that can decide what your gender identity is. It's an internal sense that no one else is in a position to label. 

I'm pretty much the same as you and I'm afraid I don't know. I stumbled upon the label cis-genderless once that seemed to fit as well as demigirl, maybe that helps you? Now I just identify as female because I can't be bothered to care about gender, I just wear what I feel good in without overanalysing it, that's what works best for me. Good luck! :cake:

I'd suggest trying on the term demigirl, which seems to fit well. After a while you'll know if you like it, or rather go back to girl, or maybe look into other nb labels. There's no pressure to *just know* or to stick to one label forever.

Archived