Is it worth it?

First of all I hope this is the right place to post this question/topic. Second; if someone already asked that question(and got answered), just delete this and forward me to the topic.

One of my biggest nightmares is an (unwanted) pregnancy and even though I technically shouldn't be worried about that(since I'm sex repulsed); there are situations where you never know. Especially when you are a woman that loves traveling alone. That's why I'm thinking getting a tubal ligation and would like to hear your opinion about it. Worth doing it? Anyone here that got it done? If yes; how was it and why? Thank you!

If your fear is about getting sexually assaulted or something, while such a measure might help prevent pregnancy from such a thing, I imagine there's other such problems that can result from such an act that it will do absolutely nothing against.

There's other less drastic ways to counter the whole pregnancy thing that ought to work fine assuming you are not getting assaulted on a regular basis (I'd hope you aren't, right?)

Nix Maritimus

If your planing to never have kids then it shouldn't be a problem, however it is a surgery and of course surgeries have risk and tend to be expensive. In the end it's your body, and only you can know what's best for yourself. :)

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Luxumbra said:

If your planing to never have kids then it shouldn't be a problem, however it is a surgery and of course surgeries have risk and tend to be expensive. In the end it's your body, and only you can know what's best for yourself. :)

That's why I'm asking. Money isn't an issue, but I'm a bit squeamish with surgeries. Mostly worried of long term issues. If I get one I will most likely go for the cauterization technique instead of those clips. Don't like foreign bodies in my body and I heard several cases that it caused issues.

@Philip027 Thank you! I'm save(I hope), but I love going on adventurous travels alone. If there are any effective alternatives, even if they are temporarily, that don't involve hormones(since they make me really depressed) or foreign bodies inside the body(I don't know how to say it the right way), I'm happy to hear them. Anything helps.

so iuds are not on the table for you?

• Like 1

^ No. No foreign bodies and no hormones please. I knew of people that got painful issues from that.

you also probably know of people who had no problems with them, but we have a bias towards negitive criticism...

with the foreign bodies thing, is that from fear? does it matter whether you are constantly aware of it or not? as I understand it, you don't feel an iud after impanting. but I being a male-typed dude, wouldn't know.

everywhere and nowhere

I don't think it's worth it. I wouldn't do it. First, I'm way more gyno-TERRIFIED than I am sex-averse. And second... I would feel like it would be inviting thoughts about being assaulted. And this is mortally terrifying by itself.