How do you find other asexuals?

Minimintymintea

Put a cake inside a summoning circle and chant the incantation!

J/K  I don't really know.  I guess you could see if anyone on here lives near you.  Beyond that, I have no idea.  I got lucky and I already have a couple, which is how I learned about it and started to question if I might be ace too.

• Like 6
Minimintymintea

Okay I'll try it. But I might just end up eating the cake alone. 

Ms. Carolynne
12 hours ago, Minimintymintea said:

Okay I'll try it. But I might just end up eating the cake alone. 

The easy part is that asexuals can't resist a good cake.

The hard part is, being asexual, you can't resist a good cake.

What do? :P

On a more serious note, it would be awesome to meet another asexual in person, but I do feel you, it doesn't seem there are very many of us.

• Like 2

you could try wearing an ace ring, but that might be just as successful as cake summoning

• Like 2
Mezzo Forte

That's the joy of invisibility I suppose. I've been living in the same community for ~7 years, and it wasn't until ~2 years ago when I started visibly transitioning that all of a sudden, people started coming out to me left and right. Turned out that several people in my daily life just happened to be ace/ace-spectrum, but there was never a reason to bring it up.

The more visible I am about any of my LGBT+ identities, the more people end up reaching out to me and sharing their own identities. I don't talk about my orientation much, but coming out as trans led to a lot of questions about my sexuality, which led to finding fellow aces.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gisiebob said:

you could try wearing an ace ring, but that might be just as successful as cake summoning

And at least with the cake summoning, you have cake when things don't pan out.

• Like 2

Good question. I think it often happens randomly and so older you get so easier you can detect it. Found out that one of my coworkers is ace, but we don't talk much to each other. One of my best friends is ace as well, but she lives too far away. Wearing (good visible)an ace symbol/flag item might help too.

Some of my friends who are involved in the LGBT+ community introduced me to other asexuals.

I have yet to meet any ace/aro people in person, with or wothout the ring on. I wish there were more local meet ups or something

• Like 1
Conspiracy_Web

You may already know an ace, are you open about your sexuality with your friends? The other day I was talking to my friends about how I was trying to find a romantic relationship but it's hard since I'm ace. One of them ended up commiserating with me because she's ace too. Sometimes they're hidden in plain sight! 

If you don't find any or if you don't feel comfortable telling you're friends you're not out of luck!  You can go to local LGBT+ groups, if you're in school check to see if there's a club. Maybe be open to online friends, there's a whole community of us here on AVEN right? Use that to your advantage! Maybe get a pin of the ace flag to put on a bag that you use often, people will notice and it can start a conversation!

Good luck! :-)