Eye glasses

iff

Eye glasses/ contacts   

135 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have corrective lenses for your eyes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What do you have?

• Contact lenses
    • Eye glasses
    • Both
    • Neither, don't have any
    • Other form of corrective lense
  3. 3. What is the purpose

• All day wear
    • Reading only
    • Reading and driving
    • Driving only
    • Other frequency
    • Don't have glasses

This poll is closed to new votes

SparkyCat13

I have computer glasses and glasses for driving at night. I didn't choose "reading" because I can read print just fine without them. I just have too much eye strain from spending 90% of my life staring at a screen.

I wear contacts all day. Without them I can only see blurs and colors. I'm very near-sighted, weak but weaker in one eye than the other, and both eyes have astigmatisms but one is worse than the other. I wore glasses from when I was 7 until around 24. Have worn contacts ever since. (I'm 33.) Contacts have been so much better to me. Feels like I don't have anything, but have to remember to take them out before bed. 

Mezzo Forte

I used to need glasses when I was a kid. Tried contacts, but my eyes dried out too easily and made them way too hard to remove. My family pushed me into getting LASEK (slightly different procedure from LASIK) around 6 years ago and I haven't worn glasses since. My prescription has likely shifted enough that I'm not 20/20 anymore, but my eyesight is still quite strong, especially compared to before.

Celyn: The Lutening

I'm quite short-sighted and have glasses and prescription sunglasses. I usually just wear the sunglasses though because my eyes are super sensitive to light. I would never have contacts because I don't want anything sitting in my eye, and I wouldn't have laser eye surgery because I like wearing glasses, they're a nice comforting sensory thing to have and it makes me feel shielded and protected.

Currently I only have glasses, but contacts are much better for things like driving and photography. I have prescription sunglasses for driving during the day. I have light eyes and I've been told cataracts are more common in light-eyed people from the Sunbelt. The doctor told me to wear sunglasses, too.

Dang it! I misread corrective lenses as contact lenses then answered the question no, but then went on to say I have all day wear glasses, which is true. My attempt at consistency failed! 😂😂😂

I wear glasses - tried to put on contact lenses a few times, but it was hard. Especially taking them out :)

Besides, I like the opportunity to take the glasses off at any moment - as I understand, it's not that easy with lenses even if you're generally good at managing them.

Glasses I tried to wear only when I needed to see something in the distance - for a long time, even when I had like -6. But then I just gave up on this, started to leave them on.  So, now I'm wearing them all day long, even when I read, which I absolutely hated to do just a few years ago.

So I recently got new glasses (slight prescriptikn change) and got 2 for the price of 1 kind deal.

So now got a digital pair with speacial blue coating for blue light filtering and a social pair which has other coating that is slightly less effective for screens but bit more comfy. Both can back up each other so should be good.

rinpardee

I wear both glasses and contacts all day as I am very very very near-sighted (for reference, my contacts are -9.00 diopters).  I usually wear contacts during the day and switch to glasses during the evening (after exercising).

J. van Deijck

since next week, I'll get new glasses that are 2x stronger than my current glasses, and they will be for all day use. 

J. van Deijck
On 01/05/2018 at 8:00 AM, rinpardee said:

-9.00 diopters

I suddenly feel like I have a perfect eyesight as I have only -2.75 diopters XD

Spotastic

I've had glasses since I was 5. I tried contacts when I was still in the military, but I hate poking at my own eyeballs too much. I have at least a -7 in both eyes, but I don't remember specifically. I've needed new ones for a few years now...

J. van Deijck

okay so I finally got my glasses and they're meant for all day use. :D

what I formally suffer from is anisometropia (unequal refractive power of my eyes, one is stronger and there's two diopters difference between them). it further resulted in amblyopia (lazy eye).

at my age it's impossible to bring clear eyesight back, so all I can do is wearing glasses in which one lens is much thicker than another. :D

Celyn: The Lutening
2 hours ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

all I can do is wearing glasses in which one lens is much thicker than another

My left lens is like a beer bottle and my right is like a microscope slide cover slip. I don't know what a diopter is though, I have an optometrist to understand that stuff for me.

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Celyn said:

My left lens is like a beer bottle and my right is like a microscope slide cover slip. I don't know what a diopter is though, I have an optometrist to understand that stuff for me.

haha same :D my left eye is weaker. the thicker lens is -2.75 diopters, the thinner is -0.75 :o

• 10 months later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived