Eye glasses

iff

Eye glasses/ contacts   

135 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have corrective lenses for your eyes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What do you have?

• Contact lenses
    • Eye glasses
    • Both
    • Neither, don't have any
    • Other form of corrective lense
  3. 3. What is the purpose

• All day wear
    • Reading only
    • Reading and driving
    • Driving only
    • Other frequency
    • Don't have glasses

This poll is closed to new votes

So this came to mind today when watching TV and thinking as a character had glasses, how rare it is that TV characters have glasses.

Anyway I wear glasses. They are the first thing I grab in the morning and last thing I do at night is take them off.

I only have eye glasses, I don't have contacts

RavenKey666

All day glasses and I hope to get contacts soon - glasses are good but easy to put down when I want to close my eyes and then I can't find them again.

Well, technically I am supposed to wear my glasses all the time but do I? No. They are too big for me and slid down my nose a lot. And I constantly get compliments on how 'cute' I look with them and I have to smile when I really want to sneer. 

I wear eyeglasses. I wear them when I'm at work/away from home and by law I have to wear them while driving, but when I'm at home I usually don't bother wearing them unless I'm watching TV or playing video games.

I wear glasses and wear them all day but I am thinking about getting contact lenses on Wednesday when I have an eye doctor appointment.

1 hour ago, mak said:

... I have to smile when I really want to sneer. 

@mak ‘Have to’?  Why? Who’s controlling you? 

@iff Reading glasses only, so on almost all day :lol: 

Grumpy Alien

Yes, both, all day wear. I almost always wear contacts during the day but sometimes give my eyes a break and wear glasses. I also wear glasses at night after I take my contacts out and if I temporarily run out of contacts. I much prefer contacts. I don’t like having something on my face or how glasses leave a smaller field of vision. They tend to give me a headache if I wear them all day and mark up my nose.

All day :o I have to put them on the moment I wake up and sometimes just sleep with them on (my glasses I mean, not contacts) for convenience. Have to wear them in the shower and everything. I do have contact lenses, but I find my eyes feel ...'weird' with them in? I'm wondering if it's just because I wore glasses my entire life, since I was like, 4, so my eyes aren't used to having wind and sun and things directly on them? haha. Sounds silly I know, but it's this weird kind of naked feeling my eyes get without my glasses. I do like to wear my contacts for photos though (like in my profile pic), just for my general daily stuff I stick to glasses :)

(without my glasses on, I literally have to 'feel' my way around with my hands, that's how little I can see!!) D:

SpaceDustbin

I wear glasses all day. Have tried contact lenses, but found out that those are not very suitable when excavating in sandy areas, and I once lost a contact while playing badminton :lol: so glasses it is. 

All day glasses for me. Can't wear lenses (tried once and nearly had the lense stuck in my eye, thank god it happened at the opticians during an eye test so professionals were already nearby).

Think it was meant for computer and long distance reading only, but just wore them co stantly for simplicity.

Funny thing is other glasses wears generarly think my glasses are next to nothing and just fir style while non glasses wearers find it far too strong or corrects their vision too!

I love glasses, I can spend ages trying them on, like hats. I think they're fun and having a diffenrent shape can change the way people look at you. I need them for reading, but I also think of them as a prop, something addtional to wear and create a look.

Luftschlosseule

I am near-sighted but I have a difference in both eyes, so I need my glasses also to level that out. When I put my glasses away in the evening, and am quietly reading, I often close one eye cause the difference is anoying.

I genrally wear my glasses all day but often take them off for sport for fear of breaking them. Also take them off when going to a theme park.

J. van Deijck

I was supposed to wear my glasses while watching TV, driving etc., but then my eyesight gradually got worse. :P

I have about -3.0 in my left eye and about -1.0 in my right eye, no idea why such difference (although I assume it comes from untreated strabismus in my left eye and that it's gone "lazy" for that reason. my eyes are 'supposed' to get nearsighted anyway due to MFS and all that). and because of this, I have no idea what's the correct frequency of wearing glasses in my case :P

my glasses have too weak lenses already and my appointment is in May, then I will know more.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I wear all-day glasses.  I am partially sighted, and there is nothing they can do for my left eye, it is very poor.  My glasses are to help strengthen my right eye (which is the better of the two).  I tried contact lenses briefly, but couldn't stick with them.  As a child I had an eye-patch over my left eye.

everywhere and nowhere

I should have glasses made for me because I definitely have imperfect visual acuity. I just haven't done it yet.

The problem is that I'd need extremely strong photochromatic lenses (I'm not sure how it's called in English - I mean lenses which get darker in sunlight) because my eyes are very sensitive to strong light sources. And I'd never wear contact lenses, I'm just afraid of touching my cornea.

Anyway, I still do rather well without them. I'm absolutely addicted to the written word <3 <3 <3 and I never feel my eyes getting tired from reading, maybe it's because I'm used to spending a large portion of my life reading something. I have some problems in the street because I can't read signs or bus numbers which are too far away. Driving doesn't apply because I just don't, I'm a proud pedestrian and public transportation user. :)

WinterWanderer

I'm very near-sighted and wear contacts all day. I also have a pair of glasses that are almost 15 years old. :P I wear them when my contact lenses bother my eyes, but other than that, I don't wear glasses. Contact lenses are more convenient for me, and I think I look better without glasses.

I'm very near-sighted, and wear glasses most of the day.  The only times I don't wear my glasses is when I am going to be reading or doing things on my phone for a long period of time; my vision that close is fine and wearing my strong prescription to see close things for more than a few minutes gives me a headache. 

I have glasses that I have to wear all the time, I even wear them for showering and swimming because I'm that short-sighted.

I used to have contacts, but I found that they trapped dust really easily, which was a real pain.

I'm near-sighted, and the only time I take off my glasses is to sleep, shower or wash my face.. 

I got glasses in 3rd grade, back then I only put them on for school, but I kept losing them, so I had to wear them all the time, so I'd know where they were :P (now I see bad enough that I can get around without glasses and not run into a pole or have to much of a problem (as long as I don't have to read any signs), but most or everything will be blurry, which is uncomfortable, so..) 

I have glasses. I've occasionally considered contacts, but I've a bit of an aversion to having things in my eyes, so I've never actually tried them. I'm pretty severely short-sighted (things start going blurry about 6 inches away), so they're on virtually from when I get up to when I go to bed. I don't wear them if I'm messing about on my phone at night, or before I get up, but I can only use my left eye for that - I have an astigmatism in the right one, which gives stuff a seriously headache-inducing, slightly-too-bright underwater effect if I don't close it.

I don't have any form of corrective lenses, although I often wear sunglasses when it's cloudy as I'm a bit sensitive to bright light 

purpleandgreylife

I have glasses that I wear generally or "all day wear." However, I also have reading/computer glasses as well as prescription sunglasses.

awkwardchickenpotatodragon

I have glasses, and a very low prescription. I only wear them for school, and I will be legally required to wear them for driving once I start doing that.

I got glasses in grade 7, when I realized I had to squint to see numbers and words on the board.

I really don't like the idea of contacts. It's more practical, sure, but it's in your eye, and that doesn't sound nice to me.

I wear trifocals - for driving/long distances, computers, and reading, though for the most part I don't wear them when I'm reading 'cause I have to hold my head at a weird angle to make them work. I think I'll see if a pair of cheaters might work for reading glasses at some point. I'm seriously overdue for a checkup too. When I'm at home, I tend to leave them off, unless I'm really tired, I've got a headache, or I have to walk anywhere but in the yard.

I have contacts and eyeglasses, and I wear them all the time.

On 22/3/2018 at 10:16 PM, Curi said:

I would not be able to function without my glasses. 

Same

I'm supposed to wear them pretty much all the time but I always forget. Yet I complain I'm blind when I can't read or see anything because I don't have them on...self destruction.

I like contacts but they make my eyes feel so dry 

Glasses. Multiple pairs of glasses. Glasses for every occasion.

I have distance glasses, computer glasses, and reading glasses. I have spare distance glasses and I have prescription sun glasses.

When I was in my twenties, I wore contacts and got on okay with them. However, when I tried again a couple of years ago, it was a disaster. Won’t be trying again. And the opticians say that I wouldn’t be able to cope with varifocals. So, yup. Multiple pairs it is.

Archived