Really Confused

Question111

Hi everyone.

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong area or accidentally offends anyone (I'm not the best at writing) but I've had a question that has been niggling in the back back of my head for some time now.

I've been having these feelings for years now and the more i talk to people about it the more confused I get.

I've always considered myself to be a straight male but the thing is i couldn't care less about sex either side I'm not for or against it if anything I'd more be in a relationship purely for the romantic and emotional connection. Some people have stated that this means that I'm asexual or demisexual but I'm still not sure if these "fit" for lack of a better sense. But I could quite happily live the rest of my life without it. 

Yet again any apologies if this is in the wrong area or whatever.

Any replies on thoughts or whatever would be appreciated.

Thanks.

if you are looking for a term that fits, try "Hatsnatcher". then you just have to take people's hats. and they will look at you double weird when you explain that it's just your sexual orientation!

pretend this text is a picture of very welcoming cake.jpeg

5 hours ago, Question111 said:

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong area or accidentally offends anyone (I'm not the best at writing) but I've had a question that has been niggling in the back back of my head for some time now.

Nope, you're in the right place!

5 hours ago, Question111 said:

I've always considered myself to be a straight male but the thing is i couldn't care less about sex either side I'm not for or against it if anything I'd more be in a relationship purely for the romantic and emotional connection. Some people have stated that this means that I'm asexual or demisexual but I'm still not sure if these "fit" for lack of a better sense. But I could quite happily live the rest of my life without it. 

Well, I can't say if you're on the asexual spectrum or not. Asexuality is defined by the lack of sexual attraction. If you don't understand what sexual attraction is, https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/69810-what-is-sexual-attraction/  can probably help.

Basically, if you currently do not experience sexual attraction, you are asexual. If you experience sexual attraction rarely, you are known as gray-sexual. If you only experience sexual attraction after a close emotional bond, then you are likely demisexual.

Something you will notice on AVEN is that us A-spec (asexual spectrum) people have a varied opinion on sex, even though a lot of us experience limited or no sexual attraction. Some are sex-positive, others are sex-repulsed. It seems to me that you are sex-neutral.

I hope you can eventually learn more about yourself, and please don't feel bad in the mean time. This community is a very good place to get help and support. I hope you have a great time on AVEN!