Kissing In Queerplatonic Relationships

SHOOOKOH

Kissing in Queer-platonic relationships  

8 members have voted

1. 1. In your queer-platonic relationship do you kiss?

• Yes
    • No

I'm a newly-realized aroace and I'm wondering how many others allow kissing with their zucchini/queer-platonic relationships. To me you can kiss someone without it being romantic in nature, like kissing your pet on the forehead, but of course I have my limit. I kiss but not too much and always need to be able to say: "let's stop kissing for a while." That latter part is a requirement for all relationships though--romantic or otherwise--since that's just basic consent. 

Is anyone else like this? I'm sure I'm not the only one but is it more or less common for aroaces to be in this weird category of 'kissing is allowed'? I'm guessing it's on the minority side of things since most aroaces are like me half the time which is just "can we just chill and watch TV or something" lol

I'm not a big kisser like I said but I have my moments where I can actually borderline make-out with someone I'm really close to but like as a super-duper to the maximum close friend. Almost touching romantic but still not quite there at most. However the majority of the time I'm a shallow kisser that doesn't do it often and when I do it a lot it feels forced after a couple minutes. This is just me though! 

I'm just wondering in your aroace-ness, do you allow kissing? How much or how little if you do? I don't mind views of seeing kissing as gross because it is gross to swap spit with someone and when you're kissing you're literally doing just that lol. I just want to know how many people do and don't and maybe an explanation on your view but only if you want. You can literally just type "no i don't like kissing" or "yes i like to kiss" and that would satisfy my curiosity. 

I'm not in one, but If I was It'd probably happen and that'd be okay

i wonder about that a lot. I have never kissed someone on the mouth or anywhere. I am aromantic, never went on a date, and probably asexual too. 

One time at a night club a gay friend kissed my cheek after all the girls had done it as a birthday celebration for me. That was the only time between ppl my age and it was kinda rewarding, I felt like I was worthy of being loved and taken care of genuinely by friends. I don't hate friendly kisses, I guess. But on the mouth.... idk. 

arobydesign

I've kissed someone as an expression of friendship. Heck, I've *had sex with* someone as an expression of friendship. As long as everyone involved is happy with it and clear about what is being expressed, feelings-wise, why not?

Archived