Inspiration

adm2013

Over the weekend I saw the movie, Love, Simon. This was, by far the most inspirational movie in the entire history of forever because it gives so much hope for every LGBT+ kid. With this movie (and the book), I had the courage to come out as panromantic to my parents, friends, and the rest of my family. Never before have I been so empowered by a movie and I want to hear everyone else’s thoughts on it.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I just saw it the other day and it really hit home for me.  I found myself identifying so much with what Simon was feeling and it's inspired me to be honest and real with myself and with everyone around me for the first time.  I absolutely loved the movie.

How did coming out go for you?

Coming out was stressful, even though I knew my parents were supportive. My whole life I have “been straight” so I wasn’t so sure how to tell my family that I’m not actually who they thought I was. However, this movie gave me the courage to finally be free from the stress of being closeted. It truly was a magical movie and I’m so happy it had such great reception!

Archived