New Here but not to Asexuality

Becah

Hello Everybody,

My name is Becah and I have known I am asexual since I was in 6th grade. I just did not know it had a name until I joined my highschools GSA. I was always different from my friends and 'boyfriends' I never and still don't understand the sexual jokes or innuendos on tv. Or even why my best friend was suddenly ditching me to hang out at her boyfriends when we were supposed to hang out. I still don't understand that actually, we made plans darn it. My freshman year of high school I became the secretary of our GSA and the president at the time introduced me to the two old counselors for the group and we got to talking and that's how I found out what I am has a name. I was suddenly no longer just a late bloomer or slow to get the joke. It was liberating. I didn't come out to my parents though until last year but hey baby steps.

I am now at a point in my life where I want to meet others who are like me not just read stories on the web about how there are others out there. I want a partner who is the same as me and won't try and convert me. I want to not be so alone in my sexuality (literally and figuratively).

So thats my asexuality story in a nutshell. I look forward to talking to y'all.

-Becah 

Platonic Underdog

Welcome to Aven, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 I hope you enjoy your time here. I've personally found the Aven folks to be super nice, I hope it'll be the same for you 😊

Platonic Underdog

Welcome to Aven, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 I hope you enjoy your time here. I've personally found the Aven folks to be super nice, I hope it'll be the same for you 😊

Platonic Underdog
Just now, Platonic Underdog said:

And these double posts show why technology and I have a love/hate relationship 😔😂

awkward_one34

Welcome to AVEN, have some cake!

Image result for chocolate cake

Welcome! This is the perfect place to come to find new people who have the same views as you. Everyone here is really open-minded and accepting. Plus you can even meet people in real life from your local area at the Meetup Mart :) 

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived