Good Morning Everyone

TheRealQuah

TheRealQuah

Hi everyone. I've been working on writing this post for a while now, it's so hard to put feelings into words, but here it goes. 

My name is Quah, I'm 29 and a guy. I've struggled with my sexuality my entire life. I've struggled with depression too for years and I think  that it's a major contributer towards thst. I've had experiences with both men and women, and enjoyed both, but I've always felt something was off in a way. Describing myself as bisexual just didn't feel right, or that it fit me. 

About 6 months ago I found this site, and it opened me up to a whole new world of sexuality. And when I read the description of Demisexuality, it clicked instantly for me. 

I've always been able to appreciate someone's attractiveness, but I've never felt the desire to act on it. I don't see a person and feel sexually attracted. The only times I've felt sexual attraction is to people I've formed a close friendship with. And 9/10 times that really sucks, I find myself already friend-zoned from the start. 

I have a really supportive group of friends and that's great, but I'd really like to meet some like minded people who can relate to the way I feel. 

Celyn: The Lutening

Welcome! :cake: Here's your obligatory AVEN cake. It's a great place, I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for here :)

AVEN is lovely. The relief of finding it for me was immense, to be honest. I hope the whole idea starts to feel more comfortable: I basically stalked AVEN for months as I settled into my identity before joining :) There's all sorts of answers here, and when there isn't, there's always someone else asking the same thing as you so you can commiserate and ask questions together. We are all collaboratively defining asexuality/aromanticism (and their various other labels along the spectrum) which is just awesome. I hope you find some answers or comfort here with all us cool weirdos :P Also yes, voici le cake :D

Image result for cake

Welcome! AVEN is super supportive so I bet you’ll easily find the kind and caring community that you’re looking for :) 

c3.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived