Your Romantic Orientation

AceEllis

What's Your Romantic Orientation?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. What label describes how you experience romantic attraction?

• Demiromantic
    • Grey-romantic
    • Romantic
    • Aromantic
    • Lithromantic
    • Sapioromantic
    • WTFromantic
    • Other (explain in comments)
  2. 2. What label describes your specific romantic attraction to others?

• Heteroromantic
    • Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Aromantic
  3. 3. What kind of relationship do you want?

• Romantic relationship
    • Platonic relationship
    • Queerplatonic relationship (QPR)
    • No desire for relationship

This poll is closed to new votes

Non-real human heteroromanitc, real human aromantic.  If that makes any sense :)

1 - Quoiromantic, shit is complicated o.o;;;
2 - Panromantic, I guess? I have weird preferences that don't strictly relate to ones gender, so I guess this is the best fit?
3 - Romantic Relationship, Probably not 100%, the way I see Romantic relationship vs QPR, I want something somewhere in between, I think, probably, maybe, potentially, ARG!

Not that any of this matters because ain't nothing happening in this space! ='D

26 minutes ago, StomachGod said:

shit is complicated o.o;;;

Aint it just :)

Lithromantic. Don't desire any relationship. And I only like cis-men. I'm nearly incapable of having a crush on someone who isn't a cis-male, I just simply need them to both have the body of a man and identify as male. 

Aromantic. Never been romantically or sexually interested in anyone - ever.

I don't really desire any sort of relationship at this point, I very rarely get lonely and i'm just a bit of a loner who would rather be alone instead of around other people so it doesn't bother me. I don't even have many friends. And when I do get lonely I can just hang out with my pets.

Aro for the 1st 2 questions, and qpr for the last. For a qpr, gender doesn't matter to me. 

1. I consider myself grey-aromantic (prefer the Brit spelling because "gray-aromantic" looks odd with so many A's), specifically "functionally aromantic" because 99% of the time it's the furthest thing from my mind. I just happen to have landed myself in a relationship somehow, and I've been rolling with it for a little over a year.

2. Not quite sure. I put "biromantic" because I'm bisexual, but there isn't enough data for me to draw a conclusion on whether I favor any particular gender or not at all.

3. I'm in an LTR right now but I wouldn't actively desire one if I weren't tbqh. There's still a tiny fully aro part of my brain screaming about how illogical and pointless the whole thing is :P  Fortunately, I can effectively tell it to shut up.

Necromancer626

I replied Other to the second question because I don't know whether or not I feel romantic attraction, and I don't understand what it is to begin with. The ideas of a romantic relationship or romantic attraction make absolutely no sense to me. I'm Quoiromantic/WTFromantic.

Chloe O'Leary

1) Demiromantic. I've only had 1 or 2 crushes in my life as a result of that and my difficulties forming long-term friendships.

2) Heteroromantic

3) Romantic relationship. Not a high priority in my life and not something I want to rush into, but it would be nice if I could find someone that I could have a long-term relationship with.

I voted other on question two, because I'm not sure (yet) who I'm attracted to, though that group certainly includes men (by 'men' I mean people who identify as male). It may include women and other gender options, though I've never been attracted to specific people in those groups.

I think I want a mix of platonic and romantic - I'm not a very lovey-dovey person so too much romance would scare me off. 

I am aromantic, but I always sort of loved BBC's Sherlock because, imo, he seems like he would be ace/ aro too - and that would make him a pretty solid friend-match. (I also simply like the character. I think he's grown a lot throughout the course of the series). Basically solid platonic friendships are my jam. 

Oof, I should've selected Other for the first one and put fictoromantic, but I was thinking of real human beings at the time :P I am only romantically attracted to fictional characters, and can not for the life of me feel anything for real people. The closest I've come to having feelings for a real person are celebrities, but that is just an "idea" of a person (of course I don't know them personally or see them face-to-face everyday!). Then when I think about actually being romantic with them (not in my mind/imagination anymore), I get all yucked out, so again it is just the idea of them!

So I am aro through and through when it comes to real people! I would love a QPR or just a very close friendship in regards to relationships :P I'm the type of person that has a few close friends vs a bunch of acquaintances. 

Either aromantic or panromantic.

Not too sure anymore.

I'm a man of the heart, not of the body.

I used to think I was Biromantic. I used to also identify as Quoiromantic, I still kinda do but less so now that I understand more.
However, ever since I started using Homoromantic to describe me, it has brought me a great deal of joy that I haven't felt from using anything else.
I think this is my subconscious shouting at me, "You finally figured it out". :)

I'm too lazy to brush up on my definitions.

But as far as relationships and romance go, I've got it plotted out as to how I function. Sexual attraction doesn't come into play until the very last instances of a relationship for me. I need to know a person's mind first and foremost, then know that I can trust them. Once those factors get a green light I'll start feeling more inclined to intimacy.

I can do platonic or intimate as I also understand how I tend to function. In a relationship, I don't care about myself. I can have inclinations to intimacy, but to me they're just extra filler below what matters to me. I just care about my partner and what makes them happy. If they're happy, then I'm happy.

I tend to call myself aromantic for the sake of simplicity (and that's what I put on the poll), but if I wanted to get even more specific I would consider myself WTF/quoiromantic. 

As for relationships, I would be okay with any of the three. Were it a romantic or queerplatonic relationship, however, it would have to be monogamous. As it is, I am quite all right with my platonic relationships. 😊 

I only want to have a relationship with my pets, no family no friends 

• 1 month later...

@AceEllis

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived